dumb question of the day ( malkoff vme)

gianetics

Enlightened
so here it is. will most p60 dropins fit the vme head? i know all the m series will but i got a random p60 2.8-6 volt drop in i want to put into a fb1 body and run with an imr 16340 will this work?

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, if you have it in hand, it'll either fit or not. Visually check for obvious short circuit condition before you put a cell in. I want to say there's a need for a spacer ring? I have had to add springs to some dropins in some hosts.

CMAG

Enlightened
I can tell you Nailbenders and oveready close but no go possible they can be made to fit by turning them down a little but have not tried
the outer ground spring not used in vme

Last edited:

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
What fits and what doesn't is pretty hit or miss besides Malkoff.
If you ever try the custom drop-in route I'd say you could request one be made to fit the VME.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's not a good match.
Even if you find a drop in that fits, You still will have a huge amount of light blocked inside the head. The malkoff dropins uses tir optic and reflectors smaller than the normal sized reflector for a p60. (27mm). And the opening in front is too small for a ~27mm reflector. So unless you got a malkoff module, dont bother. It will be like shining a light trough a keyhole. Lots of light lost, unless you use a lathe or dremel and open the front up more on the vmw head.

scsmith

Newly Enlightened
most p60 dropins fit the vme head?
No. The other day I tried modding one to fit into a VME head, and I nearly cut into the reflector doing so. Stick to Malkoffs in VME heads, or go to a 3P type body.