New Preon Penlight FourSeven

NickBose

Enlightened
http://www.foursevens.com/products/PP-AA
Good thing it's not as fat as the other Preon - 0.5 inch diameter. But it's still a bit heavy for a penlight in my taste.
AAA lights usually have ugly enlarged heads, except the Preon 0 and some from CNqualitygoods like the CQG below

7787122844_c1b1476265_c.jpg

I wish it comes with neutral or warm.
I'll wait.

8621310552_e809b3a85a_b.jpg

kangaroodog

Newly Enlightened
Someone buy this light and review it next to the Preon 2 or the Stylus Pro!!!!!

I have to see what it looks like relative to some other lights. I won't be purchasing it. I am a broke student... But it looks totally sick!

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Someone buy this light and review it next to the Preon 2 or the Stylus Pro!!!!!

I have to see what it looks like relative to some other lights. I won't be purchasing it. I am a broke student... But it looks totally sick!

+ 1

Last edited:

Simplespeed

Newly Enlightened
This looks sweet! Where can I get one of these? Will 10440 batteries work in it?

JCK

Newly Enlightened
If they've improved the tailcap compared to the preon 2, this will be fantastic

Patriot

Flashaholic
AAAA cells are notoriously unreliable so I'm glad they went with the AAA format. Of course the ability to use a AAA Eneloop is a huge plus.

This is the first really new concept that I've seen from 47's in a while (yes, I still use their old name that they spent ten's of thousands to "market away" and I plan on picking one of this up eventually. The clickie on the Preon 1&2 was about the worst I've seen from any manufacturer so I'm hopeful for the new design. Great look with the brick style pattern.

NickBose

Enlightened
i think this light is quite an innovation. a high power led flashlight, real 180 ansi lumens, which really looks like a ball pen. i find that amazing.

Totally agreed. This is a ground breaking light: A penlight that really looks like a ... penlight with a modern high output LED and useful modes.
As mentioned in my OP, all powerful "penlights" on the market are too fat and all look like a stick with fugly enlarged heads IMO instead of elegant pen-shape.

I currently carry an Ultrafire UF-T1 as a temp but still looking/waiting for an ideal EDC penlight
- As thin (must be < 1.2cm diameter) and as light as possible (not sagging my shirt pocket)
- At least a low and a high mode
- High must be > 150 lumens
- Clicky
- 1xAAA is ideal (for me, for light weight) but 2xAAA is OK
- Deep clip
- Neutral or warm
I'm prepared to pay up to $100 for such a light

Swede74

Enlightened
One accessory I'd love to see for this light is a small diffuser that doubles as a stylus for capacitive screens, if such a thing is possible. I've seen styli in many shapes, colours and sizes, but am not sure if I have seen a transparent one. It would probably reduce output much more than a traditional diffuser, and I can think of other issues that have to be addressed, like where to store it when it's not in use, but I think it's an interesting idea. One that no doubt others have had of long before I did :)

Last edited:

Erik1213

Enlightened
Got mine today! I love it! Great quality, square threads everywhere. In typical fashion, the Cree XP-G2 LED has an amazing tint. Output is killer. Illumination supply was unbelievably fast with shipping and great customer service! I couldn't be happier with this light. It may replace my Zebralight as my primary EDC.

Shooter21

Enlightened
Got mine today! I love it! Great quality, square threads everywhere. In typical fashion, the Cree XP-G2 LED has an amazing tint. Output is killer. Illumination supply was unbelievably fast with shipping and great customer service! I couldn't be happier with this light. It may replace my Zebralight as my primary EDC.
How is the clicky switch is it easy to depress or is it a little stiff?

Erik1213

Enlightened
I wouldn't call it easy or hard. Slightly harder than a preon classic clicky.

Erik1213

Enlightened
It's just a standard XP-G2 in a very shallow, lightly textured, reflector.

Erik1213

Enlightened
I would say that it is about 2/3 the size of the Preon 1/2 reflector. The texture is much more subdued on the pen. I will take a picture tomorrow if I get a chance.