New to CPF - Maglite fan

Stratolight

Newly Enlightened
Hello all, my name is Stratolight and I'm new to CPF here! (If I posted in the wrong section I'm sorry and I will learn for next time :))

Well when I was younger, I used to take torches/flashlights for granted as a household item but when I got my first 'indestructible' flashlight, a 2x AA cell black Mini Maglite with 2 incandescent bulbs (one in the top and one in the tailcap) last christmas, the craftsmanship in this little piece of aircraft grade aluminium is incredible and the brightness is super impressive!

I guess that's what lead me to buy a bigger, brighter 3x D cell Maglite in black (however I was looking for a red one :(). Again I was blown away from how well it was made and the overall decency of this flashlight. The Maglite feels and looks like it has been made by a firearm manufacturer like Glock or Mossburg but in reality, is not. Its just got that gun looking thing to it and I cant quite explain it. Its awesome!

As for my other torches, I have a floating Dolphin torch which is old and when I see it I think meh so its not really a thing I cherish really, however I need it because I live on a boat and I need it as part of the safety equipment by law. Ha! I'd like to see a heavy Maglite float in water!

Anyway I think that's it for my torches but I hope my next Mag is a blue 4D cell, I think I'll start a collection!

Thank you for reading this and I hope to enjoy this forum and get the most out of it!

Thanks! :thumbsup:

stienke

Enlightened
Welcome here on CPF! , you can mod your Maglite's with a great led drop in like a Malkoff or Fusion 36 (almost a wall of light) , it increases the lumens and batterie live.

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome:

I'm guessing by your use of "torch" and "Dolphin" that you're an Aussie?

FILIPPO

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think most people own and love their mags.. both stock and modded..

I'm one of them .. i wouldn't change my 1,25 D mag 31 with anithing else!

Stratolight

Newly Enlightened
:welcome:

I'm guessing by your use of "torch" and "Dolphin" that you're an Aussie?

Yeah I am Aussie! Thanks for noticing!

I live in Cairns in Queensland, best place in the world, especially living on a boat here!

exSun

Newly Enlightened
I'm new too - joined because I'm updating a 4D Maglite to LED - hopefully for more runtime and brighter light.

It's a keeper - I bought it for my wife some 32 years ago, because she was working as a lone security guard and wasn't allowed weapons. We figured the Maglite would double as a club if needed. Fortunately she never needed to try it out.

jkpq45

Newly Enlightened
Strato, might I recommend a version of this, if you're concerned about your lights floating? I'm sure they make ones big enough to keep your lights from sinking.

Soft%20Key%20Float.JPG