ULTRASTINGER leaves CA, i've lost my mind

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
ULTRASTINGER leaves CA, i\'ve lost my mind

waiting is the hardest part
just tracked my latest toy, it just left CA but it won't be here till thursday!
frown.gif
dang, figured over the weekend it would be here tue or wed. ups is slow. realized i prefer/need more of a flood and the ability to focus so i sold the tl and picked up the us.

i've lost my mind
in the last week or so i've pre ordered my A2, ordered an arc ls with twist and clickie tail, picked up the ultrastinger and dan is also checking on a knife for me too.
rolleyes.gif
smile.gif
i'm starting to think my wife is right, i have lost my mind.
grin.gif

WaltH

Enlightened
Re: ULTRASTINGER leaves CA, i\'ve lost my mind

And I'm right behind you. I already have a TL but couldn't pass on the great deal you gave me on yours. I also bought a poly stinger this week, ordered my A2, got a second G2Z, and bought 36 Surefire 123 batteries. A VERY expensive week for me. I'm going to have to stop this!

Who knows what great toys are going to be unveiled at SHOT...

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast

yeah, i had to let a couple go to help fund the ones coming in. i don't mind, if i don't use something it gets sold.

ygbsm

Enlightened

Originally posted by tkl:

i've lost my mind
in the last week or so i've pre ordered my A2, ordered an arc ls with twist and clickie tail, picked up the ultrastinger and dan is also checking on a knife for me too.
rolleyes.gif
smile.gif
i'm starting to think my wife is right, i have lost my mind.
grin.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Congratulations on your recent purchases!
icon14.gif

I think we have an (expensive) answer to the "What Should I Get Next" thread.
wink.gif

For what it's worth (I suspect almost nothing), you can tell your wife that I and I'm sure many others (at least here) find your purchases well thought out and quite reasonable.
grin.gif

I think we have an (expensive) answer to the "What Should I Get Next" thread.
wink.gif

What I'd love to hear are the arguments tkl gave his wife in justifying the A2 purchase -- a too many Big Macs over a C-note, shorts on fire purchase if there ever was one!
grin.gif

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast

ygbsm, you don't forget a thing do you!?
grin.gif

well, i told the wife how convienent having a 2 in 1 light would be, not to mention the regulation over the life of the cells. i explained the tl vs. us issues.

she doesn't know about the arc or the knife.
grin.gif
if she does......
twak.gif

ygbsm

Enlightened

she doesn't know about the arc or the knife.
grin.gif
if she does......
twak.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">What knife are you looking at?

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast

2002 year model emerson commander. i'd rather have something with a little more qc, but i can't find anything that compares to blade size and has a clip that isn't low in the pocket carry.

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast

tkl,
Can you imagine the trouble you'ld be in if she were as addicted to knives & lights as you??? 8^) TX

ygbsm

Enlightened

I don't want to make this too off topic, but I've got two older Commanders and a 2002 mini-com. Do you have one of the older ones? You're right about the QC, but they are nice to carry and feel good in the hand in both regular and reverse grip. The G-10 on mine has gotten smooth, but the handle shape makes it less of an issue. Are you looking at the hard chrome? Good luck with the
twak.gif

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast

yes, i really like the ergonomics too. i'm looking for one in satin-hard chrome or whatever they're calling it these days. they discontinued the green g-10 though.
frown.gif

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast

Originally posted by txwest:
tkl,
Can you imagine the trouble you'ld be in if she were as addicted to knives & lights as you??? 8^) TX
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">that would be scary. hey! who you callin addicted!?
grin.gif

ygbsm

Enlightened

I like the hard chrome -- all of mine have it. I also wish I had gotten the green G-10 (to go with the OD G2Z).

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast

Originally posted by ygbsm:
I like the hard chrome -- all of mine have it. I also wish I had gotten the green G-10 (to go with the OD G2Z).
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">look at you swinging it back on topic with the G2Z comment.
grin.gif
well, it was close.
tongue.gif

ygbsm

Enlightened

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by ygbsm:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">look at you swinging it back on topic with the G2Z comment.
grin.gif
well, it was close.
tongue.gif
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Was it that obvious?
wink.gif

I do very much prefer OD -- and I really like my OD G2Z!
smile.gif