Fenix L2T v.2 body?

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey friends. I have an "older" Fenix L1t v.2. and it's still a good light for general purpose indoor stuff, but I find I could probably get a lot more use out of it if I could get an L2T v.2 body tube to put the head on. I know the head was interchangeable with the 1 and 2 aa bodies. I even was switching out the heads of my original LD20 q5 with the L1t v.2 and visa versa and it worked great. (sadly that LD20 went M.I.A. a year ago).

Does anybody know where I could get a suitable 2aa body tube to run the L1T v.2 head on? I have been looking online, but can't seem to find one anywhere. If not it's no big deal.

EDIT: I just found this L2T body on Brightguy... It doesn't say if it's the "v.2" model though. Does anybody know if that mattered back when that light was released or was the v.2 of the L1t/L2t just an emitter upgrade? If so this body looks like it would work and for only 20 dollars that would be great. I could run the L1t head on high a lot longer as it only runs for a max of an hour or so now with a fully charged eneloop.

http://w.brightguy.com/Fenix/Fenix+L2T+Body

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
The L1T/L2T v2 parts should interchangeable with the L1D/L2D models but not with the earlier L1T/L2T models.
I'm not too sure because I never owned any of these lights but comparing pictures, I think the one from brightguy might be a V1 as it states something like "3W LED" which I have seen only LXT v1 versions.
You can drop a mail and ask what version is it for.

I've checked the website of the German distributor who stocks a lot of Fenix spares but the bodies if the L2D/L2T are out of stock. I guess your best chance would be trying to buy a L2T v2 on the marketplace: assuming you find one, it shouldn't cost too much more than the battery tube by now!