I've got some sub c's

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
They're Sanyo 2500mah nicd. I've got 12 of them. What can I use them for? I was thinking of doing a Rop but apparently these don't exist anymore. Plus I have no idea how to charge them without a hobby charger

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can ALWAYS do a ROP light. As far as I know, you can still get the 3854H/L bulb. And you can DEFINITELY still get an aluminum reflector and borofloat lens for a C/D Maglite. Not sure what size light these sub-C batteries would fit in. But I'm thinking that either a 3C or 4C (not sure which) would probably fit them PERFECTLY. And both of these lights are available (unlike the 5C and 6C). As for charging, probably the most straightforward way to charge these batteries would be to use a charger than can accommodate C cells, and make spacers for them.

Last edited:

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd need six of them to properly run the ROP bulb. That would require a 5c light if I understand it correctly

A standard C battery is 50mm, and a sub-C is 42.9mm. So yes, you would need a 5C if you go the C cell route. Unfortunately, this IS going to be expensive and hard to find. You could also use a piece of pipe in a D cell light. This would be cheaper and easier to get. But it would certainly be a less ideal route to go.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do want to build a ROP high as I love my d26 incan assemblies and FM no longer offers his bi-pin adaptors so I figured I had these cells sitting around to use

FILIPPO

Flashlight Enthusiast
With SCs you can use a 4D with a pvc pipe and recessed spring in the tailcap... if you prefer the C cell size you can go for a 4C + 1C extender .. 5C are now very rare as stormin said..

you have 12 Batteries so they will be splitted in 2 packs of 6 cell with a rop mod ... I think it will be very handy..