Problem with Zebralight H600 flickering

traydragen

Newly Enlightened
Hello CPF members. Go easy on me as this is my first post. After reading extensively about which headlamp to get I decided on the Zebralight H600. I am in Korea teaching so I didn't have to wait too long for the shipping and I could just get some batteries from China as well. I decided on Panasonic cells 18650 3400 mAh. I also got a XTAR WP2 II charger. Why am I telling you all of this? Because I thought I was being careful when I jumped into the flashlight world. I knew I wanted something powerful and light and I wanted rechargeable batteries. The Zebralight fit that and, of course, the batteries and charger fit it as well. Unfortunately, I have a problem.

I'll break it down for you. So, got the batteries and charged them immediately to full capacity before putting them in the Zebralight for a test drive (I'm not sure if that's what I was supposed to do or not). Regardless, I did that and turned my zebralight on and it was beautiful and bright. It was honestly one of the brightest lights I have ever seen on full mode. Now, here is where my troubles begin.

I go out for a night hike (batteries full charged) and amp it up to full mode and the light starts blinking on me (maybe twinkling is the right term) and it blinked so much that it went out. I checked to see if the normal things that could go wrong didn't go wrong (the back was on tightly and the 0-ring is secure). So, I change the batteries and the same things happens. The light didn't turn off, it would just flicker. When it would flicker once, the bright mode went down dramatically and this was in the first five minutes of having the light in operation.

Did I do something wrong? Are my batteries the right batteries? Am I a moron who jumped in too far over his head? Please help oh wise members of CPF:D

Sukram

Newly Enlightened
Hello CPF members. Go easy on me as this is my first post. After reading extensively about which headlamp to get I decided on the Zebralight H600. I am in Korea teaching so I didn't have to wait too long for the shipping and I could just get some batteries from China as well. I decided on Panasonic cells 18650 3400 mAh. I also got a XTAR WP2 II charger. Why am I telling you all of this? Because I thought I was being careful when I jumped into the flashlight world. I knew I wanted something powerful and light and I wanted rechargeable batteries. The Zebralight fit that and, of course, the batteries and charger fit it as well. Unfortunately, I have a problem.

I'll break it down for you. So, got the batteries and charged them immediately to full capacity before putting them in the Zebralight for a test drive (I'm not sure if that's what I was supposed to do or not). Regardless, I did that and turned my zebralight on and it was beautiful and bright. It was honestly one of the brightest lights I have ever seen on full mode. Now, here is where my troubles begin.

I go out for a night hike (batteries full charged) and amp it up to full mode and the light starts blinking on me (maybe twinkling is the right term) and it blinked so much that it went out. I checked to see if the normal things that could go wrong didn't go wrong (the back was on tightly and the 0-ring is secure). So, I change the batteries and the same things happens. The light didn't turn off, it would just flicker. When it would flicker once, the bright mode went down dramatically and this was in the first five minutes of having the light in operation.

Did I do something wrong? Are my batteries the right batteries? Am I a moron who jumped in too far over his head? Please help oh wise members of CPF:D

May be the problem is not regarding batteries and the light is simply faulty. Did you contact a customer service where you had bought a light?