2x2 123 lithium config to increase runtime?

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is anyone working on a flashlight configured in a 2 by 2 arrangement using four lithium 123's?

You would gain runtime, but at the expense of a bulkier flashlight. Many might say just carry spares, but often people don't because they don't have a convenient way to carry them.

This might solve a problem for those who don't carry spares but want the runtime?

Comments? good or bad?

GregR

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
i prefer carrying spares. 2 by 2 123 might be too bulky. But it all depends on what kind of light you are carrying. for example, i believe 4 123 can fit inside mag's compartment and actually it is quite nice because the light output justifies its bulkiness.
However, if you use arrangement like that in say, light with minimag head, that is not worth it, IMHO.
Actually, i think lights like the double barrels are cool.

just my HO

Kiessling

Flashaholic
I think someone said such bodies would be extremely difficult to machine because they would not be very round ...
bernhard

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
I, too, am interested in this 2 X 2, 123, configuration. In a recent post I had made a similar query, only mine was regarding a series (12v) arrangement. A manufacturer could offer either longer run-time or brightness.

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast
I prefer carrying the spares. It is quicker to change 2 batteries, than 4. I have several holsters where I carry a multitude of batterries, and while the config. might give longer run times, it requires changing twice the amount of batteries. When time , or light is critical, this could be a disadvantage.

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all,

Ginseng has posted an unusual way to get a 2x2x123 configuration into a Mag 3C. Look here. It looks like a fun kind of mod.

Paul

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am more interested in a 2x3x123 config. It would allow better runtime and consistant current for all the Mag 2D mods out there, and there are many. It could also run 4xPila 150's; I would dearly love to run that combo in my MR-X!!

Help, Anyone, can you hear me?!!