New limited edition white photon freedom fails me...

appliancejunk

Enlightened
A few weeks ago I ordered one of the new limited edition white photon freedoms from the manufactures website.

It had been working fine but this last weekend it started working intermittently. Even when I can get it to come on the different modes don't work like they should.

I have probably a half dozen different photon freedoms in use on different key rings and such. Never had one fail. Replaced batteries in maybe one or two over they years. Even have a couple new ones in boxes for spares, lol...

Is it worth doing anything with or should I just chuck it?

appliancejunk

Enlightened
I can, but it don't act like week batteries. Have had week batteries in them before and they still work but just with less output. When this one does come on its bright.

Looked it up and I purchased it feb. 24th. There website warranty says anything under 90 days they will replace if your not happy with it. Says they send the replacement out with a postage paid return envelope to return the old one in. So I sent them a email about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

appliancejunk

Enlightened
Photon said it sounds like a problem with the switch and sent me out a replacement today.

appliancejunk

Enlightened
Well I can't say I have had good results just yet.
I received the replacement photon freedom in the mail today, but it's the wrong one.

They have it listed right on the invoice, "WFMW White Body Freedom Micro - White Beam" but it's a Black body that they sent me.
First I thought maybe they ran out of the limited edition white body ones, but you can still order them on their site as of today.

There was also no return label included in the package as they said there would be.

I sent them another email to inform them of the mistake.

appliancejunk

Enlightened
Update: Photon came through on the second try with the correct replacement. I sent my failed photon freedom back along with the one I received in error using the pre paid postage label they sent with the replacement light.

Even though they made a mistake in sending the incorrect one the first time I'm still happy with how they handled it.

That was the first photon freedom I have ever had fail in the 20 or so years I have been using them but I'm going to use it as a excuse to carry two of them on my key ring now. :D

Thanks Photon!