_

Catapult

Enlightened
Re: Seeing where the other GT was not so good....

Posted for four days and not even tumble weed is seen? Ladies and gentlemen, flashaholics of all ages, step right up and pick the day of your choice for the amazing NYC GT...

murphquake

Newly Enlightened

Hi All,
I just hopped a link over hear from my usual net hangouts and stumbled onto this... I'm from Forest Hills as well and would be down to meet and play flashlight tag (no edp on a ledge but i'll live)(only have a surefire 6p and a bunch of penlights... someday i'll shoot the lock off my wallet... err i mean find a way to get money for my wallet so i have a reason to shoot the lock off it =-) and get something new. I'm by Metropolitan Ave. and 71 Ave/Woodhaven Blvd. at the other end of the Q23's route and know the park and the pizzaria very well. I don't come round here much (can't remember the last time actually but i guess i'll have to now... drop me a line at [email protected] or IM on AIM/AOL at murfquake2 or murphquake2 if you want to shoot the breeze. I know most of the public transportation stuff in the area pretty well, especially to the forest hills/corona area. The Q88, Q58 and Q63 all stop within a few blocks of that area and go through several areas of Queens and to various subway stations. Have a good one.
-bill

Bill Murphy NREMT-B

Dan_GSR

Enlightened

i'd be interested
email me if this gets organized as i don't check the forums too often

ufokillerz

Enlightened

the nyc get togethers never have enough detail posted or enough time for planning. the get together places are not exactly the best either, thats why i went to both Jersey get togethers, the time was good, the location was decent, and most of all we were indoors.

Catapult

Enlightened

Well, this is what this advanced notice is for. A whole month in advance, and if Dec. does not work for us, then we could shoot for Jan., giving us even more time in advance.

The NJ GT's were very good, because it's away from light pollution, and milkyspit was able to host it at his home. If we want a GT within NYC, we'll have to work with the not-so-ideal conditions. Flushing Meadows/Corona Park is the best I can do. The NYC GT plan did include an indoor location for the meeting point.

We are going for Dec. and Jan. What days are good for everyone? As noted in the first post, it does not have to be confined to those days shown. Then post the days you prefer.

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast

Maybe this is just a whacked idea on my part, but maybe you guys should start simple. Plan to get together over dinner someplace where you can all bring your flashlights and do a show-and-tell. It would be indoors, with good food to eat, and great companionship with your fellow flashaholics. If you get even three people together, it will be a success. And if it really takes off, that's a great bonus! Maybe during that dinner you could also discuss plans for a followup gathering. Anyway, just an idea.

I'll also mention that very tentatively, there will be a NJ PhotonFest 3 (PF3) sometime closer to spring, when the weather starts warming up. No date set yet, but I'll keep you posted. Needless to say, our NYC flashaholic friends are most definitely welcome! Don't make ufokillerz the only one to come out here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ufokillerz

Enlightened

there will definately be a PF3, why else would i need a X990? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Catapult

Enlightened
Re: NYC GT - When do you want to go?

This thread is not ready to fall into eternal slumber yet.

Some people get a guy's night out. Our torches need a light's night out!

If those dates don't work for you, tell us when you'd like to have the get-together, and we'll make it happen.

lionken07

Newly Enlightened
Re: NYC GT - When do you want to go?

I think I'm in just tell me the real plan once we have everything set up.

The Flushing Meadows park idea sounds great. Bring them lights out late at night!! I'm sure it will be fun!!!

Dec weekends sound good to me!