Paypal? I wonder what present of CPF uses this.

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe a good gage would be how many use Paypal vs check and money orders when buying limited runs of lights or when group buys. Any one have a guess as to what persent use this?

Saaby

Flashaholic
Percent /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Normally I wouldn't correct a spelling error but this one threw me for a loop...

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Paypal? I wonder what present of CPF uses thi

hjk hufs; udin aw1p? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mike

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast

I use bank funded Paypal for all my CPF purchases. I use Visa for online buys.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

I use Paypal as often as I can.
Sometimes funded by an existing balance, sometimes an "e-check" funded by my bank account. Depends on what the item cost and how much I have in my Paypal account.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast

Paypal is easy and fast. I use it most of the time.

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast

i don't use it.
i hate it.

i don't have credit cards.. and rarely use the checking account..

i always miss out on good lights. "PayPal Only"

sheesh! go ahead and drive your Lambourghini of payment methods..

i'll keep driving my '96 Neon Postal Money Orders!

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast

I use Paypal for most of my purchases. Being here in the UK, with all the goods i want in another country, this is by far the easiest method of payment. Now i just need to figure out how to switch it from CC account to a bank account.

Tomas

Banned
Re: Paypal? What percent of CPF uses this method?

I don't do credit cards, I pay via PayPal, checks, or debit card. In other words, I have the money in hand or I don't buy.

Many businesses prefer credit cards (which my debit card will mimic) but if a business or individual prefers PayPal I have no problem using that method. Last resort is a personal check or money order.

T_sig6.gif

MenaceSQL

Enlightened

I use Paypal for CPF related items along with eBay stuff. Everything else is via credit/debit cards. Rarely do I use money orders or checks. They're too much of a hassle.

SockMan

Newly Enlightened

I don't currently have a PayPal account. However, I think I might sign up since many of the things I want to get are PayPal only (No CC). I don't like to be restricted just because I only have a CC.

I use my Credit Card for everything I buy online (and most of what I buy offline). I don't use checks or money orders.

Sinjz

Flashlight Enthusiast

If I were to hazard a guess at a percentage. I'd say 90%. I tend to think CPF'ers are pretty much ahead of the curve when it comes to making online purchases. You just can't buy most of these lights, bulbs, lens, mods etc... in local stores. When it comes to finacial transactions online between individuals and small companies, nothing currently beats Paypal for ease.

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast

I use paypal if it is offered otherwise a credit card or e checks

DumboRAT

Enlightened

I PayPal all over.

It's much more convenient than having to hop down to the local PO or my bank for Money Orders and/or bank wires/transfers.

I purchase a lot on-line, and often internationally. This would be so much more of a hassle without PayPal.

Allen
aka DumboRAT

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast

i use paypal funded by a credit/debit card all of the time because its fast and convenient. i don't even have to get out of chair to make a payment for something /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif i also have a secondary paypal account to transfer money through, in the case of sellers who will not accept credit card payments.

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast

I use PayPal to buy online a lot, and most of my money comes in that way too.

Just read a news bit saying that AT&T is suing PayPal because they (AT&T) have a patent on the IDEA of using the internet to make payment transfers....

Kind of reminds me of M@glite$ patent on metal formed into cylindrical shape.

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast

The reason I was asking is this. I will be a dealer soon, and I was wondering how much I would be limiting myself if the first month of business was paypal only. That would give me time for a regular credit card processor to have available in addition to paypal. And then I could set myself up where a check or money order order could be placed which would subtract the item from inventory and make a note to me that this item is sold pending arrival of check.

richpalm

Banned

I use Paypal for CPF, bank transfer and credit card. CC for regular online purchases.

My PP account will also take credit cards. One bugaboo of mine is those that won't take credit cards. I didn't respond to quite a few items here I would have bought if the member took a CC with Paypal. So if you are a "no credit card" member you are limiting yourself. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Rich