Flshlightlens.com, great lens

Rifter

Enlightened
Hello, i just purchased 2 lens from flashlightlens.com and wanted to say they really cleaned up the beam of my 5D mag modded with a 5W Cyan LS(from elektrolumens). I got one UCL and one pyrex(or borofloat or whatever they call it). They are both 1000 times better than the stock plastic POS which was scratched to crap after only 2 weeks. They have great service and even mailed them out the same day i placed the order even though i placed it in the afternoon. They arrived very well packed in cardboard and a padded envelope. And i placed another order for one of my friends after he saw how good they are. I would not hesitate to order from them again and i will when they get the mini-mag lens in stock, any idea when that will be?

flashlightlens

Newly Enlightened
Rifter - Thanks for the great compliments! Our 22.6mm lenses that fit the MiniM*g's should be back in stock within the next week or so. They won't be made from the same material, however. We are going to be using glass that is harder and clearer than Borofloat. They should be really nice lenses. We should also be receiving lenses that will fit the Legend LX that will be made from the same material.

Thanks again to all the great people here at CPF.

Chris

Rifter

Enlightened
Sounds good, i will be placing a order for 5 or 6 mini-mag lens when you get them in stock
smile.gif
keep up the good work!

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any updates as to when you are getting the correect size lense for a Brinkmann Legend LX?

(And it looks like I will be needing a lense for the New Mr. Bulk 5 watt NexNeedle Nextstar mod!)

Thanks,

BuddTX

Monsters_Inc

Banned
Flashlightlens, just out of interest, how much of your business is from people outside of CPF?
smile.gif
I can't imagine many non-flashahols buying replacement lenses.

Much like premium RAM for non-overclockers.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
um...what is this material called? you can't just refer to it as "glass that is harder and clearer than borofloat" it is driving me crazy!

flashlightlens

Newly Enlightened
BuddTX - I will be able to cut some custom lenses here within a week or so. I'll announce when this happens. When I can do it, you can just give me the size you want, and I'll make it for you.

Onyx - I'd say that right now about 99.9% of my business is from CPF. I have really only been selling lenses for a little over a month and haven't tried to advertise anywhere else. I plan to develop a retail package and venture outward eventually. For now though, I am completely loyal to CPF - I couldn't ask for more!

Rothrandir - Ahh....The wait is killing me too. I wish I had these things so I could unveil my latest creation.

Chris

radellaf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got 3 UCL (shipped amazingly quickly) and will probably order 2 more for my other lights plus some for the minimags when those come in.

Dunno why, really, I mean they look really cool when you look at the flashlight (on or off), but I tried putting the poly lens (not lense!) in front of it and looking at the beam...and, well, I just can't see an 8% dimming. Now, two poly lenses together, that makes a barely noticeable difference.

<shrug> It's a geek thing. I don't really care if I can see a difference in the beam.