ED2 bezel on a LX2?..

JMC1

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone,
I'm new to the light world, I just ordered a Surefire LX2 LumaMax. I had a hard time deciding between it and the E2D LED Defender. I love the bezel of the ED2, Is there a way to get a Bezel like the E2D on the LX2?
Thanks..

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have both the LX2 and E2DL, and just tried exchanging its heads after reading your post.
the LX2 head on the E2DL body is a single mode light with high only.
interesting enough, the E2DL head on the LX2 body and tailcap behaves exactly like a regular LX2, you get the momentary low and high.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have both the LX2 and E2DL, and just tried exchanging its heads after reading your post.
the LX2 head on the E2DL body is a single mode light with high only.
interesting enough, the E2DL head on the LX2 body and tailcap behaves exactly like a regular LX2, you get the momentary low and high.

Yes, that's right.....it's all in the control location.

Grizz

Last edited:

fresh eddie fresh

Enlightened
I tried it a while back, and if I remember correctly, if you press full on with the ED2L head, release and then try to put it on full power again right away it would only come on low. The E2DL head is two level, but also the LX2 tailcap is two level, if that makes sense.

I think you might be looking for a single level KX2C head that has been cracked open and swapped for a ED2L bezel (if they are compatible.)