Anyone know if this is CPF'S LEMLUX (Carl Lemke)

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Anyone know if this is CPF\'S LEMLUX (Carl Lemke)

*Personal information edited out by Sasha. Please see my post below.*

Ross

Enlightened
Re: Anyone know if this is CPF\'S LEMLUX (Carl Lemke)

Norm, I think his first name is Clark, rather than carl.

Ross

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Anyone know if this is CPF\'S LEMLUX (Carl Lem

Roger that. "Clark" Lemke.

Wilkey

Greta

Flashaholic

I think that we need to back up here. Brightnorm, perhaps you should remove that information from your post... especially considering that it is NOT the person that you all are looking for.

I don't mind this topic going... it seems that a few of you do have a personal interest in finding Lemlux. But let's keep personal information like home phone and address to PM and/or email. OK?

Thanks guys... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

brightnorm

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
Sasha said:
I think that we need to back up here. Brightnorm, perhaps you should remove that information from your post... especially considering that it is NOT the person that you all are looking for.

I don't mind this topic going... it seems that a few of you do have a personal interest in finding Lemlux. But let's keep personal information like home phone and address to PM and/or email. OK?

Thanks guys... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry Sasha

Ross, nothing yet

BN

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast

I did speak to LemLux today.... he idicated that he has not been on the forum for 3 or 4 months. I felt uncomfortable trying to gather any other info.

paulr

Flashaholic

I hope you managed to mention to him that some CPF'ers think that he's left some unfinished business behind, which he should take care of even if he's otherwise decided to move on from flashaholism. Of course we all miss him here too.

Ross

Enlightened

Jeff, did he or you mention the unfinished business he has here?
Some people (or authorities...) could consider it theft or fraud. Being a police officer myself, I do not like being ripped off and I dont like seeing others being ripped off.

Thanks for the info.

Ross

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Any recent news ?

Klaus

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

Just doing a little sleuthing (except for that damned smelly pipe), his last post here was on 09-01-03.
So it's been awhile since he's been here.

paulr

Flashaholic

Lemlux's work phone number is in the cheers/jeers thread along with reports of a few attempts to call him. At this point I think the CPF community has done about all it can. Those who personally have unfinished business with him should make their own individual decisions about whether to pursue their specific issues further. The rest of us should just write him off and get on with life.

Kiessling

Flashaholic

loosing a few as the community marches on is sad but normal. one day or another we will be leaving, too. if he wished so, he could have come back anytime, but apparently he did not.
bernhard

paulr

Flashaholic

Bernhard, to be clear about this, lots of people come and go, but the issue with Lemlux is that he disappeared while he still had business transactions pending. He owes some people money or flashlights and they have not been able to contact him to straighten things out. I don't think it's deliberate fraud, since he had been around for a long time and done many successful deals in the past, and the transactions he left behind are (as far as I know) all pretty small. But it's definitely irresponsible behavior.

Kiessling

Flashaholic

oh .. ok ... forgot that. forget the crap I said above, I was in a melancholic mood. sorry folks.
bernhard

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic

If his work number is available, have those who have been screwed by him (speculation only, based on what others have said here) attempted to call his place of employment? If it were me who was on the bad end of a deal like this, I'd be doing what I could to track the person down, especially if I had a number and address.

Ross

Enlightened

nascar, I am out of pocket through lemlux but being based in the UK somewhat restricts my ability to contact him. I have sent lots of emails, both to his home email and work addresses, both with no response. I have not tried telephoning, it may be better that a USA based CPF'er tries that.
I dont like being screwed but sometimes writing off the bad debt is more economical than pursuing the person.
Jeff seems to have a rapport with clark and I would guess that clark will not be back on this board (although he may register under a different name - is there any way of checking this? we know his email.)

Ross

paulr

Flashaholic

Ray, I called his work number and left a couple messages for him but he didn't respond. If Ross wants to try phoning that's probably better than if someone else calls, at this point. It's not THAT expensive, even from the UK. I don't know how much money is involved. My feeling is if it's a lot I would pursue it further; if it's just a little I would leave one or two phone messages and then post the result to cheers/jeers and write it off. Most of Lemlux's transactions that I observed were for WA and similar incandescent flashlight bulbs, meaning typically 10 to 20 dollar deals, but I have no idea of Ross's specifics.

Ross

Enlightened

Paul, I have sent numerous emails and several members of this great board have called him, Jeff seems to have had the most success. A thread was started in cheers/jeers many weeks ago.
It wasnt a large sum of money and I have already written it off. I am disappointed more than angry.

Ross

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic

Understood. Sorry to hear about the problems. You're right.... if we're talking small dollars, it's probably best to just let it go.