26v led bulb or drop in for 6D Mag

aaltl

Newly Enlightened
Hi

Are there any bulbs or drop ins for a 6D Mag that could take up to 26v from 6 x 32500 lithium ion cells?

Thanks

jkpq45

Newly Enlightened
Osram 64655. I have a 10-pack waiting on my bench for me to get motivated enough to start this project.

I believe it's in the build that is listed as #2 and/or #3 as LuxLuthor's top incan modded Mags thread.

If you find a deal on 32500s, let me know--we'll split the bulk discount!! I haven't found decent ones below ~$12 each.

aaltl

Newly Enlightened
I'm actually more after an LED build than an incan build. Wonder if there is such a LED emitter/engine setup.

jkpq45

Newly Enlightened
Can't help ya there. The response I've gotten to similar questions around here are basically "hook it up and see if it works."

LEDs get tricky as their forward voltage varies with current more than incan bulbs--their power consumption is not constant.

Maybe one of the guys with XM-L2 lights can lend some experience on what voltage drop their LEDs are experiencing at a certain current level; then, you can scale up to your planned ~26V (which sounds a bit high for 6x Lithium cells....)

aaltl

Newly Enlightened
I guess so. Thanks very much for taking time to drop a line here anyway. Appreciate it.