Is this a usa novatac?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maroast

Newly Enlightened
Don't really know, but it's interesting that there's no serial # on it. How much did you pay?

Johnbeck180

Enlightened
Hey folks,

Just received this novatac light today.
I bought It off eBay. I know there are some that were made in the USA and there better quality than the ones made in china. Just wanting to see if you guys could shed some light on this.
yma8epez.jpg
tezy2aba.jpg
re2ypy5a.jpg
ypa3a9e6.jpg
ha6a3equ.jpg
a5ega7yd.jpg
mu8uguze.jpg

The last pic is of a sticker that was on the box, there was one on either end of the box sealing it. The springs on the inside feel strong and rebound good.
Thanks for the help.

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 4 Novatacs (that I can find). They all have a 5-number serial number and are black. All have flat glass lenses with reflectors. I can't give you a definitive answer, but I believe this is a later model that was manufactured overseas. If it works... enjoy the great Novatac feel in your hand and great clicky!

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
The fact that it came in a box makes me think its an American made Novatac, but without a serial number maybe not

SCD

Newly Enlightened
Probably a sterile unit destined for the military....just don't get caught by the enemy with Internet access I guess?

Johnbeck180

Enlightened
There is another sticker on the side of the box that I forgot about. Has a bar code and other info on it maybe that will help. I use tapatalk app for iPhone and Cannot upload images right now for some reason. I'll try again later. Thanks for the help every one. I've compared this light to my HDS 120E and as far as I can see it just as bright, there is a little difference in tint. I'll post a pic when I can.

Johnbeck180

Enlightened
I also did the 250 click crack and it worked. I programmed my levels to what I want. Now to turn the programming off so I don't hand my light to someone and they mess it up do I do 250 more clicks then press and hold?

Status
Not open for further replies.