Shipping to Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

trailblazer295

Newly Enlightened
Hi Everyone

I'm interested in purchasing a X 123-2 and a preon kit from four sevens. Just as I was about to pull the trigger on the X 123-2 when I received an email about the XM-L2 emitters being out. I was told that the beginning of April the new XM-L2 would be available in Canada. So far no update on their site. I notice the Preons on the US site feature the XP-G2 while the preons in Canada are the XP-G R5. Has anyone in Canada ordered from foursevens in the USA? I am wondering what the duty cost of getting these lights over the border is. I'm not sure how long it will take for the new lights to make it here. I'd hate to buy the old generation and discover the new ones arrived just after for the same $$. It is usually the way it works, just strike a little to fast. Any help is appreciated.

jaycyu

Enlightened
I live in Vancouver BC, Canada, which is 2 weeks from everywhere.
There's no duty or tax if the package is less than $20, or $50 if it's mark as a gift.

trailblazer295

Newly Enlightened
My lights will definitely be over the $50 mark. With any luck soon the new lights will be available here. Before I pull the trigger.

gunga

Flashaholic
I'm on Vancouver too. It's hit or miss. Usually I don't have to pay duty (sales tax and handling fees really, no duty) but I do get dinged from time to time.

Yamabushi

Enlightened
I order stuff regularly from the USA. I've never been charged duty or taxes on shipment by mail (USPS to Canada Post) even when declared value was over the exemption limits. I have been charged duty, taxes and brokerage fees on shipments by courier companies (they like to collect their customs processing fees).

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Typically my orders that are under $100 don't get hit with fees, and anything marked over $100 is a roll of the dice.
other courier services seem to have fees alot more often

Status
Not open for further replies.