Photos: 2013 Fenix E11 and old body style.

appliancejunk

Enlightened
Received my Fenix E11 with the new body style and thought I would share some photos of it along side the old body style.

Did not look at the specs to close, but thought the new one would be the same length as the old one. As I tried to show it the this photo the new body style is a little shorter.

0.jpg

Here are just some additional snap shots.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Some things I noticed besides the length is with the new body style you can turn the bezel one full turn and it locks the light out.
The old body style you can not lock out like that.

After one full turn on the new body style it's locked out and it takes about another 2.5 turns before the bezel separates from the body.
I'm also happy to say the LED looks very centered in my new E11, unlike the very off centered LED on my old one. Not sure just why yet, but the new body style seems to have a more solid feel to it.

I was a little disappointed right off the bat with my old E11 when I received it just a few weeks ago, but I have to say so far I'm very impressed with the new E11.

Waiting for darkness...

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you Appliancejunk, very nice pics!
The newer style looks nicer, I actually hope they gradually introduce it to the whole E series.

gustophersmob

Newly Enlightened
Does the shorter body mean it has one of those washer-like "springs" with the little fingers, or does it have a real spring?

I do like the looks of the new body better. More Fenix-like.

appliancejunk

Enlightened
The length of the new body is about 3 5/8" (3.625) even though in the Fenix 2013 catalog shows the length as 3.8 inches.

The diameter seems to be exactly the same.

N_N_R

Enlightened
If the two bodies have the same thread dimension, just screw them together and you have yourself a nice, expensive storage cylinder for two AA batteries.:naughty:

:crackup:

Thanks for the photos! Damn, the fact it's shorter makes me want it even more! I kinda disliked the knurling on the old one, the new one is way cooler and more Fenix-like as someone pointed out. And it's shorter........ when I buy it some day,it's gonna be my fave EDC light, I think.

markr6

Flashaholic
Great photos, thanks! Much different from the old one than I imagined. I really want one but unless they get a neutral white version, I can't give in.

appliancejunk

Enlightened
Great photos, thanks! Much different from the old one than I imagined. I really want one but unless they get a neutral white version, I can't give in.

I do like it, but it's far from replacing my EDC LD12 G2. I just like the output much better on G2, but the E11 is still a nice flashlight.

Wolf359

Enlightened
thanks for the pictures and info very useful looks like i'll be buying 4 at least of the new ones, on the upside i'll make sure the family turn in there old ones for new first. just have to wait for my preferred HK seller to get them in.

N_N_R

Enlightened
I finally got one of the new ones as well! :D I'm SOOOOO glad the new design is also shorter!

appliancejunk

Enlightened
Congrats on your new E11.
Mine is collecting dust. Keep going back to my Fenix LD12 (G2 version now) for my EDC.