Diffuser for Nitecore P25

SeamusORiley

Enlightened
I love this Nitecore P25's versatility.

Being one who loves diffuser tips I am pleased to have taken a gamble on size and have found out the the Fenix diffuser works PERFECTLY with the Nitecore!

Here it is:

http://www.fenixlight.com/ProductMore.aspx?id=76&tid=20&cid=6#

The P25 starts with a very low lumen, making it perfect for the middle of the night, but on the next level, with the Fenix diffuser, it is perfect for bed time reading.

I don't know if anyone else is a big fan of diffusers and filters, but this one from Fenix is well made and has a nice frosting to it, making the light spread out nicely.

SeamusORiley

Enlightened
Lab, I have the diffuser tip from Nitecore, but it is not 'frosted' shade the way Fenix is, and does not feel as well made. It has a more brittle feel to it and is longer, more like for traffic.

I also have the Nitecore filters for each of mine and I find that these are very nice.

I like a soft ambient light for reading and those who have the Fenix PD 32 UE know the nice soft color that this tip provides. Fenix' larger one (referenced in the original post) is made just like it, only larger. Because it is not long (like a traffic wand) it spreads the soft light nicely for reading in bed without disturbing my wife.

If we could only get Nitecore to make one for the wonderful TM 26! With its low lumen setting and small convenient size, I'd love one.

I am sold on the P25. We have 3 gray and 1 black. I love being able to access the two ways of turning it on.

Next up: the SRT series.

Does this addiction let up at all?

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the info about the Nitecore diffusers. I have the AOD-S and AOD-M as well as all the LD/PD/TK and cone diffusers both red and white.
I personally prefer the LD and PD transparent cone diffusers (white) to to the AOD-S though I've compared them and I have to agree that the AOD-S may diffuse slightly more light than the cone diffusers. I find the cone diffusers spread the lights with a softer shade though. The big advantage of the AOD-S, other than being compact is that it fits both the LD and PD series lights so you don't have to bring around two sizes of diffusers.

I haven't had a chance to compare the AOD-M to the TK cone diffuser - which is not transparent but pure white like the old LD diffusers. Curious to see if there is a bigger difference than between the AOD-S and the LD/PD diffusers.

I have to say the SRT series looks very interesting, can't wait to see some reviews!

I'm glad to see other CPF members buying several samples of the same light: it helps me getting rid of the sense of guilt I get sometimes thinking I have 5 PD31s and 2 TK12s! :D

I'm afraid there only cure to flashaholism is being completely broke...

__philippe

Enlightened
I love this Nitecore P25's versatility.

I don't know if anyone else is a big fan of diffusers and filters, but this one from Fenix is well made and has a nice frosting to it, making the light spread out nicely.

Olight M21-X diffuser should also be a nice fit for the Nitecore P25 bezel.

BTW, fans of diffusers and filters of all shades might want to have a look here ...;)

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?359692-Olight-Filters-Diffusers-for-all-seasons

Cheers,

__philippe

SeamusORiley

Enlightened
Olight M21-X diffuser should also be a nice fit for the Nitecore P25 bezel.

BTW, fans of diffusers and filters of all shades might want to have a look here ...;)

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?359692-Olight-Filters-Diffusers-for-all-seasons

Cheers,

__philippe

I read too fast, ordered the wrong Olight one! It just came and I'll see if I can sell it!

Read slowly and carefully to get the right one. Philippe is correct in his other post about the quality though. It is nicely made.

david57strat

Enlightened
I, too, am wanting to get my hands on some more of the Olight diffusers, like the one that came with my S35, which beautifully fits my Nitecore P25, an EA4, and a Fenix T50.

Does anyone know of a source that sells just the diffusers, as originally built for the S35 Baton? I believe it's a 40mm diffuser, and the quality on it is excellent!

Great thread :). Subscribed!

__philippe

Enlightened
I, too, am wanting to get my hands on some more of the Olight diffusers, like the one that came with my S35, which beautifully fits my Nitecore P25, an EA4, and a Fenix T50.

Does anyone know of a source that sells just the diffusers, as originally built for the S35 Baton? I believe it's a 40mm diffuser, and the quality on it is excellent!

Great thread :). Subscribed!

One (of many) current source for Olight M21/S35 40mm diameter filters/diffusers

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OLIGHT-Flas...lights&var=&hash=item1e79ce175a#ht_1185wt_932

Select Red | Blue | Green filter or White diffuser as required

Cheers,

__philippe

Arif

Newly Enlightened
...I'm glad to see other CPF members buying several samples of the same light: it helps me getting rid of the sense of guilt I get sometimes thinking I have 5 PD31s and 2 TK12s! :D

Well - this leads to my now not feeling to bad about by little 'conversion' precisely on the subject of diffusers.

If I have a really favourite light - e.g. the P25 - but where it's fantastic both with and without a diffuser, but obviously for completely opposing applications - then I will buy a second and extract the lens and etch it chemically (with Armour Etch).

The P25 diffuser as it came I found extremely unwieldy, ugly and detracted massively from the light's native attractive form and size. However - it's effect was a revelation, also the first time I'd ever used a flat diffuser like that.

So now I have a 'perfect' P25 that it the perfect soft source of light for about the house, working in a car's engine bay, checking on baby, etc. And visually it's still a P25 of course - no ugly attachments.

I've now done this to a lot of other lights that had no real use with all the throw they had - whereas now they've become useful as - literally - light sources, not points or beams.

Etching has made 'perfect' some lights that would otherwise have gotten much less use.

You can etch in-situ - but it will then damage the inside edge of the bezel area (e.g. will eat anodising).

It doesn't eat the glass, and probably has less effect than even a light rub with very fine sandpaper.

It can however sometimes need overnight - and a first-go (of two) sometimes to remove the bulk of the anti-reflective coating.