New Threat Warning

whiskypapa3

Enlightened
At New York's Kennedy Airport today, an individual, later discovered to be a public school teacher, was arrested trying to board a flight while in possession of a ruler, a protractor, a set square, and a calculator. Attorney General John Ashcroft believes the man is a member of the notorious al-gebra movement. He is being charged with carrying weapons of math instruction.

Al-gebra is a very fearsome cult, indeed. They desire average solutions by means and extremes, and sometimes go off on a tangent in a search of absolute value. They consist of quite shadowy figures, with names like "x" and "y", and, although they are frequently referred to as "unknowns", we know they really belong to a common denominator and are part of the axis of medieval with coordinates in every country.

As the great Greek philanderer Isosceles used to say, there are 3 sides to every angle, and if God had wanted us to have better weapons of math instruction, he would have given us more fingers and toes.Therefore, I'm extremely grateful that our government has given us a sine that it is intent on protracting us from these math-dogs who are so willing to disintegrate us with calculus disregard. These statistic *******s love to inflict plane on every sphere of influence. Under the circumferences, it's time we differentiated their root, made our point, and drew the line.

These weapons of math instruction have the potential to decimal everything in their math on a scalene never before seen unless we become exponents of a Higher Power and begin to factor-in random facts of vertex. As our Great Leader would say, "Read my ellipse." Here is one principle he is uncertainty of---though they continue to multiply, their days are numbered and the hypotenuse will tighten around their necks.

Anon...

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

hideo

Enlightened
gaaaaaaahh! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

whiskeypapa, this is proof tht the sense of humor is the first thing to go as we age ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

hideo

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Pretty little miss Polynomial was strolling through a field of vectors when Curly Pi...... (I wish I had the rest of it from 30 yrs ago- major PG13+ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif )

Larry

yclo

Flashaholic*
Larry - perhaps you mean this story?

Taken from http://www.eccentrix.com/members/computeaser/

------------------------------------------
UNDER THE DOUBLE INTEGRAL

Once upon a time, pretty Polly Nomial was strolling across a feild of vectors when she came to the edge of a singularly large matrix.

Now Polly was convergent and her mother had made it an absolute condition that she must never enter such an array without her brackets on. Polly, however, who had changed her variable that morning and was feeling particularly badly behaved, ignored this condition on the grounds that it was insufficient and made her way among the complex elements.

Rows and columns enveloped her on all sides. Tangents approached her surface. She became tensor and tensor. Quite suddenly three branches of a hyperbol touched her at a single point. She oscillated violently, lost all sense of directrix and went completely divergent. As she reached a turning point she tripped over a square root which was protruding from the erf and plunged headlong down a steep gradient.

When she was differenciated once more, she found herself apparently alone in a non-euclidean space.

She was being watched however. That smooth operator, Curley Pi, was lurking inner product. As his eyes devoured her curvilinear co-ordinates a singular expression crossed his face. Was she still convergent he wondered. He decided to integrate improperly at once.

Hearing a vulgar fraction behind her, Polly turned round and saw Curly Pi approaching her with his power series extrapolated. She could see at once, by his degenerate conic and his dissipative terms, that he was bent on no good.

"Ho, ho," he said, "What a symmetrical little polynomial you are. I can see youre absolutly bubbling over with secs."

"Oh, Sir," she protested, "keep away from me, I havent got my brackets on."

"Calm yourself, my dear," said the suave operator, "your fears are purely imaginary."

"I, I," she thought, "Perhaps he is homogenous then."

"What order are you ?" the brute demanded.

"Seventeen, " replied Polly.

Curly leered, "I suppose you have never been operated on yet ?"

"Of Course not," replied Polly indignantly, "I'm absolutely convergent."

"Come, come" said Curly, "Lets off to a decimal place I know and I'll take you to the limit."

"Never," gasped Polly.

"BODMAS," he swore using the vilest oath he knew.

His patience was gone. Coshing her over the the coefficient with a log until she was powerless, Curly removed her discontinuities. He stared at her points of inflexion.

Poor Polly! All was up! She felt his hand tending to her asymptotic limit. He convergence would soon be gone forever.

There was no mercy, for Curly was a heavyside operator. He integrated by parts, he integrated by partial fractions. The complex beast even went all the way round and did a contour integration.

What an indignity. To be multiply connected on her first integration. Curly went on operating until he was absolutely and completely orthogonal.

When Polly got home that evening, her mother noticed that she had been truncated in several places. But it was too late to differenciate now.

As the months went by, Polly increased monotonically. Finally she generated a small but pathological function, which left surds all over the plane until she was driven to distraction.

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif yclo, That was it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Larry

Latest posts