Newbie needs help

G

ggatlanta

Isn't it amazing what you can find on the web! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm a consumer who thought he was getting a good deal, but now I'm not so sure. I'm wanting to return some flashlights I purchased as gifts, but am sorely disappointed in the products I received.

The item in question is a portable flashlight unit advertised as producing "1.5 million candlepower". Now I know this sounds crazy, and I really didn't expect a portable unit to be that bright, but I did expect it to be exceptionally bright. However, upon receiving this unit, I found that the output didn't even compare to my mini-maglite! I am about to return them, but the company from which they were purchased states that "any product found not to be defective will be returned to the buyer". So now I suppose I'll need to prove that the flashlight does not indeed produce "1.5 million candlepower". On another website, I learned that,"...one candlepower equivalent equals 12.57 lumens." Is this to say that 1.5M candlepower is equivalent to 18.85M lumens!?! That would seem a bit absurd to me.

Any help that could be offered in bolstering my argument with this company would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks from Atlanta GA!

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi...wouldn`t focus to much on prof. Just return them with a letter. Thank you for shipping this product to us so promptly. Unfortunatly it does not perform to the advertised 1.5 million candle power output as stated in the advertisment and does not meet our requirments. Please credit a refund to card #xxxxxxxxx.

Thank you,

Mr. GGatlants

Head purchasing agent...FBI (kidding with this part)

Phone #xxx-xxx-xxxx

Call yor Credit Card company and explained the product/s have been returned and place the charges in dispute. Hopfully that will be the end of it.

Good luck...and welcome to CPF

Ken

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
Or just mention the Better Business Bureau and fraud in the same sentence. contacting the Credit card people will help too

rone7

Newly Enlightened
I have done exactly as badbeams stated and got my money back on a used camera that had an itermitant problem.