Tell me a little bit about the 4sevens quark turbo AA warm white version?

ncvarmint

Newly Enlightened
I am going to buy one in the classifieds and want to know more about it. What are the specs? Was this a limited run? any thing you can tell me would be great
thanks
trevor

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
Limited run. Warm tint, so something like 30% fewer lumens (barely perceptible to most eyes). Same modes as the regular. Ask which interface (regular/tactical) it is. Should also ask which LED.

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the Quark Turbo and it's fallen behind the times really. In my opinion, there are some rather spectacular new lights that beat the crap out of it on the market now. You are also buying it used from the classifieds? I assume you understand the warm will be very yellow.

jcw122

Enlightened
I have the Quark Turbo and it's fallen behind the times really. In my opinion, there are some rather spectacular new lights that beat the crap out of it on the market now. You are also buying it used from the classifieds? I assume you understand the warm will be very yellow.

Beat it as far as what? Lumen levels? Foursevens designs are still some of the best out there. But as far as the Turbo format, I think it was created to cater to the throw-freaks.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup, the AA2 Turbo's are dedicated throwers alright.. and as far as I can see, undefeated in the class for throw on Selfbuilt's tests.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
i had one some time ago. if its from the limited run offer. it uses a xp-g 3000k warm tint LED. its not the same as the 90+ high CRI 3000k XP-G. the tint on mine was a little more pinkish than the high cri xp-g when comparing side by side. something thats probably unnoticeable by itself.

all Turbo models have the tactical 2-mode programmable interface.

throws a nice beam with a faint darker spot in the middle of the hotspot. it was a non-issue for me.

i think... the turbo threads are cut a little different than the other quark threads. i used mine with a single AA quark body, and i ran into problems threading it on. i was required to use some force, or torque. it worked fine with the clip in the bezel down position, but when i swapped its position it had contact issues in the bezel up clip position and didnt work that way. this could of been specific to only my quark turbo though, as ive had thread problems with some 47 lights and not others.