Increase bightness on Infroce WML?

chrischris

Newly Enlightened
Hi Everyone,

Several months ago, I purchased an Inforce WML for my duty rifle. I like how the light is compact and lightweight. I was willing to sacrifice brightness for the size of the light. Recently, I noticed Haley Strategic Partners offers an "improved" Inforce WML. The "improved" model is rated at 200 lumens (90 min battery life) and the standard model is rated at 125 (120 min life).

I would like to increase the brightness of my Inforce WML. Is it possible for me to modify my current light to achieve 200 lumens?

See Rule #3 Do not Hot Link images. Please host on an image site, Imageshack or similar and repost. If you post an image in your post, please downsize the image to no larger than 800 x 800 pixels. - Thanks Norm

Inforce WML specs: http://www.inforce-mil.com/wml-momentary-sand.php
Improved model specs: http://haleystrategic.com/store/inforce_wml_hsp.php

Last edited by a moderator:

TEEJ

Flashaholic
All those you linked to are way worse than a ton of other options.

An UPGRADE to 200 lumens is at what we'd think a decent light would put out if is was broken, not an upgrade.

You should just get a completely different light and not have to worry about an all but meaningless upgrade.

Plan B - Send the light to a modder in the forum who could swap in a real light engine for the toy you know have, etc.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
All those you linked to are way worse than a ton of other options.

An UPGRADE to 200 lumens is at what we'd think a decent light would put out if is was broken, not an upgrade.

You should just get a completely different light and not have to worry about an all but meaningless upgrade.

Plan B - Send the light to a modder in the forum who could swap in a real light engine for the toy you know have, etc.

Wow, that's a nice way to welcome and help a new Poster.

As for Inforce, the heads are normally sealed pretty tight, and an attempt to open the head and get to the LED would likely destroy the light. The difference from 120 to 200Lumens, on paper seems dramatic, but to the eye, it wouldn't make that much of a difference.

--dan

chrischris

Newly Enlightened
Wow, that's a nice way to welcome and help a new Poster.

As for Inforce, the heads are normally sealed pretty tight, and an attempt to open the head and get to the LED would likely destroy the light. The difference from 120 to 200Lumens, on paper seems dramatic, but to the eye, it wouldn't make that much of a difference.

--dan

Thanks Dan. To be honest, the actual brightness of the light is not a huge issue to me, but once I saw I could get more (200 lumens) out of an "improved" version, I couldn't help but want more...

Thanks again for the info regarding how tightly sealed Inforces are.

Lobstradomus

Newly Enlightened
Like Dan said, the difference really won't be huge and -at least in my opinion, its probably not worth the costs involved to do it correctly. You might be better served putting the money towards a significantly brighter two cell light like the EAG version of the P2X Fury or even an X300 Ultra if your support hand position would accommodate the toggle switching mechanism. I'm sure there must be someplace else on the rifle where you can shave off a few ounces to offset the extra weight if it is really important.