E2e much better than E2 ???

Kiu

Enlightened
Today i go out and buy a E2-HA.($64 US)
I have go for many shops >20, but i can't find a E2e-HA. (i live in hongkong)
I just find the E2e-SG($67) or E2e

But i will buy the KL1 later(which is HA). So i have decide to buy the E2-HA.

i want to know How the Pyrex lens better than lexan lens??? And i want to ask Can the E2's pocket clip removed??? if yes...how???

E2e much better than E2?

dougmccoy

Enlightened
Xminxm,

In my opinion the HA E2e is much better than its' predecessor the E2. The pyrex lens tolerates heat much better than lexan (plastic) lens did and allows more light through. It also (theoretically) allows the bezel to be made more waterproof. The small metal clip can be removed quite easily by unscrewing the bezel and then 'carefully' remove the 'O'ring. Then using a strong cord placed under the bezel end of the clip the cord is pulled thus removing the clip. Incidentally the clip can be replaced by a longer version such as that used on the M2 Surefire to make the E2e look like the E2O.

Regards

Doug

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the design of the original E2 better, but agree that the pyrex lens and lock-out tail of the E2e makes a lot of difference. However, I have been led to believe the more recent Regular E2s have the Pyrex+LOTC upgrades too so if that is the case I would chooze one of those every time. Too bad they`re being discontinued
frown.gif

Unfortunately the E2 clip cannot be removed unless it is an older one. The first generation had hex-head screws to hold the clips on, those could be unscrewed with the correct size Allen key. But the later ones have a plain rivet that cannot be removed without causing permanent damage.

rolleyes.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
Without an Anti-roll bezel, I also lost my E1-GM.
The Anti-roll bezel is vital if you need your flashlight to stay where you put it down!

The E2e has in my opinion, significant advantages over the E2. The PocketClip of the E2e is far superior giving the E2e the ability and reliablity to remain clipped in my pocket where as I lost an E2 in a taxi because it fell out during the ride.

The LOTC and Pyrex give advantages too. I also found that the more aggressive knurling of the E2e gave me better grip in the cold and wet, and with gloves on compared to the E2.

Al

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
the clip will keep it where you put it. okay, it may roll one inch, is that too much?

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
the other reason is it's not as comfortable, i can feel it jab me occasionaly. one member here fell on his M2. he doesn't carry it anymore.

it should atleast be an option.

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
The reason I don't EDC the E2e is because of the courseness of the knurling. I carry it clipped in the corner of my front pocket & taking it in & out for just a couple of days was eating up the hem on my pocket. The E2 is smoother. TX

logical

Newly Enlightened
I put a KL1 on my E2e (goes with me in my carry-on all over the world) and put the left over hex head from the E2e on my E2 (lives in the truck's console). I really like the look of the hex on the E2 and don't need a clip on it so it works out perfectly for me.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
I have several E2's and E2E's that I use for different purposes and carry in different ways.
My right rear pocket holds an address/appt book with an E2HA neatly attached. The standard E2 clip is ideal for this and is superior (for this purpose) to the M2 (E2O) or E2E. A Pyrex lens would make it perfect but is unfortunately not available. This would have been my preferred option.

The Hex bezel can be useful, though I don't find it esthetically appealing, and the pocket clips function adequately as an anti-roll device.

Brightnorm

Kiu

Enlightened
Thanks all practical response~~
mnn....
i think i will replace the KL1 on it (E2)
then make E2 & E2e closer to each other
smile.gif

i want to ask LOTC is means the momentary on button?? half anticlockwise from constant on??
my E2 has this feature.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
the E2E is better except for that stupid anti roll bezel.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's always the E2GM, that's a E2e body and clip, but with the old E series head. It's only available in that weird "gun metal" color, but I like it more than the other E series lights...

--dan

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
i want to ask LOTC is means the momentary on button?? half anticlockwise from constant on??

LOTC means Lock-out Tail cap. This is a feature where you can unscrew the tail cap to a point where no amount of pressure on the button will cause it to turn on. If your tail cap has an indented spot machined in one side, and can be backed off so the button won`t work, it`s a LOTC. If it can`t, it isn`t.

grin.gif

TrevorNasko

Flashlight Enthusiast
Atlanta, GA>> The Flashlight that was broken shall
Look- The e2 is for those who want a REEEAALLY small BRIGHT light. The E2e is for those with too much money and an e2.

the e2 is superior or equal to the E2e in these ways:

HA- its an option
Clip- if only all surefires had a clip this good.
LOTC- standard
knurling- less sadistic than that of the e2e
size- smaller than e2e
weight- lighter

need i go on?

SurefireM6

Enlightened
Well superior depends on each individual person I think. We should just accept that the E2 and E2e are not better than each other but have different features.

How can we say that any of these features are actually better? Or is it just preference?
tongue.gif

snake

Enlightened
hey HK guy!
I got my E2E HA at Ap liu street wow.. did you go Ap liu street?at HKD $560 and KL1 is$350

I you go for KL1.. then the different for E2E and E2 is the clip.. (E2 with KL1 no clip)
good luck

Kiu

Enlightened
Originally posted by snake:
hey HK guy!
I got my E2E HA at Ap liu street wow.. did you go Ap liu street?at HKD $560 and KL1 is$350

I you go for KL1.. then the different for E2E and E2 is the clip.. (E2 with KL1 no clip)
good luck
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Nice to meet u HK SNAKE, difficult to meet hk ppl here

I got my E2-HA at SUPREME CO. ($500 HK)
SUPREME CO. has E2e-SG too ($520), but i like HA

i know AP Liu St. has E2e ar. But the WELFARE ELECTRONIC Ltd.(華輝) has closed at that day.

I wont trust any other shop anymore at Ap Liu Street. Especially the shop called "Mei For"!!!!!!!
This shop has E2e i know, but it is SUCK!
The guy in this shop said u MUST buy it after u try it no matter what's going on at the light shape. XXXX! You know i had buy a dark ring P61 in this "Mei For" shop? But this shop said it is not their responsibility!! The service of this shop is worst that i meet.

each ppl has individual wants. The clip for me is no use. I just put it in my front pocket. Also my E2 has LOTC. The most worst of my E2 is lexan lens. So i may use it by KL1.