LD22 PD32 Side switch issues - GITD Options

sethistruckin

Newly Enlightened
I am wondering if anyone has any ideas of a way to make it easier to access the side switch while in complete darkness on the newer Fenix operations (LD22/PD32 etc). The easiest thing I have tried that works most of the time is just to align the pocket clip with the switch. Id like to find a better way, possibly by putting a glow in the dark dot or mark on the switch itself. My problem is that when I go running in complete darkness and suddenly need to jump into the high mode it can be difficult to quickly find that damn button.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a GITD medium that will adhere to either the aluminum body or rubber switch itself? Thanks

Last edited:

appliancejunk

Enlightened
Can't you just feel the switch or do you maybe wear gloves? I never have any problem locating it on my LD12. A GITD switch cover would look cool though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sethistruckin

Newly Enlightened
Can't you just feel the switch or do you maybe wear gloves? I never have any problem locating it on my LD12. A GITD switch cover would look cool though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sometimes yes sometimes no. For instance I was running last night with my LD22 and had it on low mode. Someone was walking ahead of me and I wanted to flip the light on high to make sure I was not running in their path on the track. I tried to flip the light around and find the switch, and it took me quite some time. It was in complete darkness so I couldn't even see my hand in front of me. Needless to say by the time I got the light on high it was too late. I find it extremely annoying on these lights

And I dont wear gloves.

appliancejunk

Enlightened
Google glow inc. I heard about them earlier here on CPF.
Never tried it yet myself, but have heard other says it charges up in a short time and glows forever, unlike cheap GITD toy stuff.

I'm not a runner, so this is probably a dumb question, but why not just leave it on high during your run?

sethistruckin

Newly Enlightened
Not a dumb question. Its because I run for 60 minutes on a track, anywhere from 5-8 miles at a time. Try to conserve batteries. And many times I will have the light off completely until I need it. That time though i had it on low.

I will look up that company. I saw some GITD paints on Amazon but im not sure how well they will work. Maybe the solution is to buy another light LOL. Should have kept my LD20 Q5 version.

EDIT: Actually they sell Glow Inc on amazon. I think i will try that! thanks a bunch

sethistruckin

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, I think I will be doing something similar too. Going to order some paint and tape from Amazon.

appliancejunk

Enlightened
buds224, that is a good idea!

sethistruckin, what kind of paint? Just about ready to pull the trigger on ordering some GITD paint from Glow Inc.
Did you find some GITD paint that sounds better?

sethistruckin

Newly Enlightened
buds224, that is a good idea!

sethistruckin, what kind of paint? Just about ready to pull the trigger on ordering some GITD paint from Glow Inc.
Did you find some GITD paint that sounds better?
Nope, Glow Inc also sells on Amazon so you can get prime shipping because the order is fulfilled by amazon.com

appliancejunk

Enlightened
Ok, I see it listed on Amazon now too. I still decided to order today though directly from Glow Inc.

Only see the 1/2 oz listed on Amazon (or really large quantities) and not the 2 oz bottle they show in the photo.

I ordered the 2 oz and 1/2 oz from Glow Inc and was only charged $2.00 for shipping.

Funny thing is they wanted $16.00+ for shipping just for the 2 oz and only $1.00 shipping for the 1/2 oz.
Don't know why both together ended up being only $2.00 for shipping, but that is the route I went.

I have one of the new white body photon freedoms I'm going to put some GITD paint on along with a few other things I have in mind.

Let us know how your GITD project turns out.

larcal

Newly Enlightened
Sethistruckin-- I hate that damn side switch and so allways reach for my ld20 instead. For me it's more hiking and chores in dark. one is allways fumbling for it. I also like that on the ld20 I can be certain what mode it is in when I turn it on. So please report on how well that paint worked and most importantly how well it holds up to friction in pocket etc..

appliancejunk

Enlightened
The GITD paint was a disappointment for me.
The consistence of the GITD paint is very thick and thus makes it difficult to work with.
Once you do get a few layers of paint put on anything it's very think and easy to peal off.

With that being said I still like the side switches on the current Fenix models. :)

wjv

Enlightened
Google: nitesiters

They are VERY high quality stick on, glow in the dark dots/bars designed to be used on gun sights. They Stick very well as long as you follow the instructions (clean the surface first). They are designed to be resistant to gun cleaning solvents and gun oils so they should hold up well. They do recommend letting the adhesive cure for 24 hours before using.

My Gen 2 Ruger LCP fitted with NiteSiters

LCP820_zps8eef341c.jpg

LCP822_zps3dc737c9.jpg

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have the PD32. But.... one reason I chose the Eagletac TX25C2 is that I can walk around on low and either hard-press the switch or turn the head (the switch is on the head) to get instant full brightness. The hard-press is turbo (momentary) and the twist is to high or turbo. Either action is easy to do with one hand. I run it on a single 18650 battery. I find it a very useful UI. Tactical users usually prefer the tail-cap switch like SureFire uses.

regulation

Newly Enlightened
These things look amazing. But seems no one tell the simplest way? Just position the clip along with the side button?

larcal

Newly Enlightened
Great idea! Bill. Thank you. Is it more then an idea, though? i.e. have you put these on a small hand torch that you carry in pocket a lot and use frequently? thinking quick abrasion damage and that gun sights are more protected by a holster and also (hopefully) not pulled in and out as much.

Boy, the thread subscription doesn't work too reliably does it. Was in this thread earlier but never received any emails about new posts tho my settings are good.