My dad said I have too many flashlights...

RCM

Enlightened
Until we went through a power outage that lasted a few hours...I got to basically rub it in his face! :devil:
He really can't tease me when I outshine his! Or flashing a 90 lumen LED rayovac indestructable in my neighbors face for annoyingly shinging his puny thing in mine! :D
We just got power back on here but power outages are fun for us because we get to use our lights in real life situations!
lovecpf

PANGES

Newly Enlightened
Man, I've been waiting for the power to go out in my area for the longest time. :(

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do not wish it upon yourself,it is no fun,mine was off for 17 hours the weekend before last,I was ok for lighting but had to throw my frozen food out and replace it all.

Grmnracing

Newly Enlightened
My house is always fun for me when the power goes out. Every room is light with various flashlights. The moonlight or low low modes are great for bathrooms and hallways. Various lumen outputs and diffusers are great for power outages.

Steven

buds224

Enlightened
Do not wish it upon yourself,it is no fun,mine was off for 17 hours the weekend before last,I was ok for lighting but had to throw my frozen food out and replace it all.

I heard some home-owner's insurance and/or renter's insurance will cover food loss in the event of a power outage. If the freezer allows, sticking some bottled waters in the freezer will help keep things cool longer, not to mention, cold water available when needed.

:)

RCM

Enlightened
I heard some home-owner's insurance and/or renter's insurance will cover food loss in the event of a power outage. If the freezer allows, sticking some bottled waters in the freezer will help keep things cool longer, not to mention, cold water available when needed.

:)
I do know very well what it's like to lose all the food in the freezer/fridge...since I am in the food service industry here, our rule is don't open ANY refrigerator or freezer during an outage! Just make sure the customers are OK and try and keep people calm...it was during a thunderstorm that it happened..

Grmnracing

Newly Enlightened
90 lumens probably just means get another light, with MORE lumens :D

I really don't need anything more than 100 lumens. However, I always crave more lumens. It's a bad disease here on CPF. Now I'm looking into another sickness that has to do with High Cri.

Steven

Quiksilver

Enlightened
Until we went through a power outage that lasted a few hours...I got to basically rub it in his face! :devil:
He really can't tease me when I outshine his! Or flashing a 90 lumen LED rayovac indestructable in my neighbors face for annoyingly shinging his puny thing in mine! :D
We just got power back on here but power outages are fun for us because we get to use our lights in real life situations!
lovecpf

To be fair, their lights got the job done as well, right?

PANGES

Newly Enlightened
To be fair, their lights got the job done as well, right?

They get the job done like McDonalds french fries can get you full, but I like to eat garlic parmesan fries, if possible, fried in duck fat and drizzled with truffle oil. :D

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
Flashlights, knives, shoes, purses, watches, vacuum cleaners, model railroad cars, real railroad cars, carpets, locks...pick your poison.

"Too much" means it's not your hobby.