• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: Oveready Defense Light host

Espionage Studio

Enlightened
This host is brand new, I put a triple in it and played with it a couple times but I like the size of my C2 better. The grip on this thing is amazing, some of the most aggressive knurling ever. This one is outfitted with the Cryos/32 bezel, medium-press green glow in the dark McClicky switch, ultra clear lens and the black metal bezel ring and if you don't know, it is sleeved for an 18650 but can fit a 26650 with the sleeve pulled out. I've not removed the sleeve, it is an aluminum piece that is held in place pretty tight. There are more details on the Oveready site. I paid $184 plus shipping, I will let it go for $150 shipped (Con US). First I'll take it gets the host, thanks for looking.

Last edited:

Espionage Studio

Enlightened
Re: FS: Oveready Defense Light host $150

Good call ElectronGuru, I added that in just now
icon14.gif

TEEJ

Flashaholic

Espionage Studio

Enlightened

Yeah, that drop in would work great TEEJ! The larger body is better at wicking away heat in those Torchlab triples. 26650 would be max runtime, not necessarly better performance. I would have to guess that 2 16350 IMR would be the "brightest". That is what I run currently btw.

TEEJ

Flashaholic

Yeah, that drop in would work great TEEJ! The larger body is better at wicking away heat in those Torchlab triples. 26650 would be max runtime, not necessarly better performance. I would have to guess that 2 16350 IMR would be the "brightest". That is what I run currently btw.

In that case, I'll take it, thanks!

(Didn't see your PP?)

PS - On Overready's site...it listed a "fitting ring" as an option for the drop-in...do I need that, or is it part of your host, etc?

Last edited:

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
FS: Oveready Defense Light host $150

Fitting rings are needed for SF/32 bezels, Cryos/32 don't have the shock absorber that requires it.

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nice grab and yes the 2x18350 IMRs will give the best performance - but I don't know if you would see the difference. I run a 26650 in my host that size.

Just checking again - you probably would see the difference. I prefer the L/M/H triples because I can stop at medium if it's bright enough.

Oveready has a "calculator" on their website that gives an estimate on how long the batteries will theoretically run.

Nice grab by the way!

Espionage Studio

Enlightened

Sold to Teej pending funds! Your PM is full, here's the info thanks! The Paypal address, [email protected] thanks! I don't believe the ring adapter is needed unless u have malkoff. I don't have one, the triple works great!

TEEJ

Flashaholic

Unique Transaction ID # 73W87713FG063422H

:paypal:

Espionage Studio

Enlightened

Done deal Teej, should be shipped out tomorrow (I work all day today) Thanks again

TEEJ

Flashaholic

Thanks!

I cleared the PM's out, sheesh, they fill so FAST!

:D

ronrog69

Newly Enlightened

TEEJ, you will love this host. I just got mine from Oveready last week, and I've ordered the TorchLab 3 led drop-in for it. It has an awesome grip and feel to it. Very aggressive and a handful. Probably my favorite in my collection at the present time. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine. You got a great deal. :thumbsup:

TEEJ

Flashaholic

FYI: Cryos/32 bezel

Fitting rings are needed for SF/32 bezels, Cryos/32 don't have the shock absorber that requires it.

OK - that means I do, or don't need a ring?

No?

Oh, wait, coffee deficiency is wearing off...SF/32 is not the same as Cryos/32 Bezel - and I have the Cryos - and the Cryos don't need a ring, because they only need a ring if they had a shock absorber?

Is it more vulnerable to shock, or, is that function replaced by another feature?

- Thanks!

Last edited:

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
OK - that means I do, or don't need a ring?

No?

Oh, wait, coffee deficiency is wearing off...SF/32 is not the same as Cryos/32 Bezel - and I have the Cryos - and the Cryos don't need a ring, because they only need a ring if they had a shock absorber?

Is it more vulnerable to shock, or, is that function replaced by another feature?

- Thanks!

Lets mix in a bit of context.

Z32 are designed to protect Incan lamps from recoil, irrelevant for LED setups, and worse with things like the triple. You aren't missing out on anything.

The SF 32 is big on the inside for these parts. The cryos 32 is big on the outside for the fins. They only share lens and bezel options.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Lets mix in a bit of context.

Z32 are designed to protect Incan lamps from recoil, irrelevant for LED setups, and worse with things like the triple. You aren't missing out on anything.

The SF 32 is big on the inside for these parts. The cryos 32 is big on the outside for the fins. They only share lens and bezel options.

Thank You!

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 You will find yourself using this light all the time. I've had one for quite awhile and keep it on the nightstand. It also goes with me when I crawl under the car! Good choice!

TEEJ

Flashaholic
+1 You will find yourself using this light all the time. I've had one for quite awhile and keep it on the nightstand. It also goes with me when I crawl under the car! Good choice!

Thanks!

I still haven't RECEIVED it yet....but, I'm sure I'd love it if it ever arrived.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Bump for TEEJ. :popcorn:

Is there tracking info? Hope it works out.

Yeah, its boomaranging between OR and NJ on any given day.... according to the tracking #....it goes back and forth. Takes about 2 weeks per round trip or so.