Which model did you buy several times and why?

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a friend who, if he thinks that the music CD is great or valuable for some personal reason, buys several copies of it. And sometimes, or often lol, .. he does not even listen to any copy of the album. The story goes like this: Goes in his favorite CD shop, sees an interesting new CD release which he does not have yet in his vast CD collection, buys it and does not listen to it. Leaves it sealed in a box. Months later he sees the same album in another CD shop at a discounted price. He feels tempted and grabs it. And still does not listen to the music. And it goes on and on. In his collection I see so many double and triple copies of the same album, and all still sealed, never listened to. At one point he admitted that he thinks himself that buying multiple copies of the identical CD album is crazy.

Am wondering which flashlights are so great for some reason or purpose that you would buy multiple copies of it :eek:, and why would you do that? All gifts or what? :D

TEEJ

Flashaholic
I have a friend who, if he thinks that the music CD is great or valuable for some personal reason, buys several copies of it. And sometimes, or often lol, .. he does not even listen to any copy of the album. The story goes like this: Goes in his favorite CD shop, sees an interesting new CD release which he does not have yet in his vast CD collection, buys it and does not listen to it. Leaves it sealed in a box. Months later he sees the same album in another CD shop at a discounted price. He feels tempted and grabs it. And still does not listen to the music. And it goes on and on. In his collection I see so many double and triple copies of the same album, and all still sealed, never listened to. At one point he admitted that he thinks himself that buying multiple copies of the identical CD album is crazy.

Am wondering which flashlights are so great for some reason or purpose that you would buy multiple copies of it :eek:, and why would you do that? All gifts or what? :D

LOL - None on purpose, for a collection.

I do use them for the disaster response teams though, so do have some duplicates, but mostly if by chance a used one popped up in CPFM, etc, making it a good deal.

Some are almost dups, like more than one Polarion, etc.

:D

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have two of the Nitecore TM26 and Eagletac G25C2 for the reason of backup in case one becomes disabled. :thumbsup:

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
two of the Nitecore TM26 and Eagletac G25C2

holy .. fantastic! :huh:

I bought several pcs of D25A's - a Mini and a Clicky. They don't count to 'being the same model' do they? :eek:

Marfenix

Newly Enlightened
I bought a spare of the following flashlights because I love them so much that the idea of not having it or not working anymore was too much to handle. But surprise, surprise all of them still work!
Fenix LD01ss, Fenix P1D, Fenix P2D Premium Q5.
I LOVE my Fenix flashlights!

N_N_R

Enlightened
I've bought two Olight i3 and recently one Olight i3s. Because they're TINY and have a clip :D Easy carry and portability are important to me, so not only are those so tiny they can be put anywhere, but even if you don't have a pocket, you can still clip them to whatever part of your clothes. And they're duuuurable. I bought each after having used the previous one(s) for months and having got totally convinced in their indestructibility (what a word). :D

fresh eddie fresh

Enlightened
I have bought a few that were similar on the outside, but with different LEDs... multiple A2s in different colors, and MD2s with warm, cool, and 219 emitters, etc. and have multiple Z2, 6P, and 9P hosts.

The lights that I have exact duplicates of are usually ones I use quite a bit, so I like to have backups:
E1B (2x black and one silver)
AZ2-S (2x)
MDC SHO (2x)
9P with M91 (2x)

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have several lights of the same type which might seem to be "duplicates", but actually are variants of the same light with different emitters.

So, they are sort of the same, but different.

Malkoff Wildcat V1, V2, V3, V4
Malkoff Hound Dog XPG, XML2
Oveready Torchlab Pocket Triple/Shorty Triple XPG2 Cool, XPE 4500k Neutral

Last edited:

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have 5 surefire L1, all with different beams and emitters. three early generations, one 4th gen, and one 6th gen.
my absolute favorite EDC are the early versions with the tapered bezels which have been long discontinued and are really easy to mod. i like them enough to have 2 extras as spares and back-ups.

i also have four surefire 2xcr123 p60 hosts. none are the exact same model though with different drop-ins and couple have mcclickies. Z2, C2, G2, G2Z.

kriptikracing

Newly Enlightened

I bought multiples but I do use them all. If I were to buy multiple flashlights and leave them sealed in the box, it probably would be AAA lights for gifts. But I would buy ones that I would use myself...just in case I need to give myself one.

stv1

Newly Enlightened
I buy more than one of lights i really like, in the last month i bought 2 fenix E05, 3 fenix E11, and 3 fenix LD20 flashlights, it's nice to have some spares,
i will probably sell them in a few months when i need cash for some new ones that take my fancy.

GunnarGG

Enlightened
My Preon 2 hcri is my work edc.
Have my older Preon 2 ww as backup and also one in neutral white.
In my jeanspocket I have a Fenix LD01 and I have one backup for that also. Got the second one in a good combo deal.
A have bought several Fenix E05, ITP A3, and a couple of mini Mags but those are for gifts, I don't count them as backups

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to buy two of any flashlight I couldn't live without. Zebralight sc600 I had two from different vendors on the way to me at the same time. One for the house, one for work.
HDS I have four that are all with in 90 lumens of each other for output (lowest brightness is a twistie)

And Nitecore EA4, I've bought three and sold one to a coworker. I still have two both opened and in use.

I try hard not to buy duplicates anymore, but its a battle with the voices in my head. :naughty:

i don't think I'll be buying duplicates any more but I do slip up on occasion

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Bought four 4Sevens Quark Mini AAs just because I was the one who for years asked and begged for that very design; it's a variation of Fenix's P1D, which I have two of.

wordwalker3

Newly Enlightened
I have multiple solar force L2P's, L2n, L2T. Some have different dropin's, different heads, some are backup, some for gifts. EDC- Thru night neutron 1C, 1A both XML T6, archer 1a XPG2, saber X2, ti X2 eagletac D25C XML2 Ti, D25a Ti XPG2. Similar, but with small differences, depending on my mood or need at the time. On order is an apex 5t6...seem like it would be easier than juggling 5 L2P's!

buds224

Enlightened
I bought a bulk of x50 x1AA cheapo non-branded LED lights (with adapters to recharge cellphones) as emergency giveaways to friends and neighbors during any type of crisis; @ $0.75 each, I couldn't pass that up. This protects my good lights from leaving my family's hands.

I bought x10 Thrunite Ti's for "Oh crap I didn't buy them a gift yet" situations.

I lost a Fenix TA21 a couple years back and didn't realize until it was gone what a great light it was. I scoured around, but seeing it was discontinued, I was only able to get x2 more of them. An awesome light that could do well even with today's standards without upgrading.

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 2 Quark Mini AAs, 3 Peak Eigers, 2 Thrunite Tis, 2 Peak Shastas, 2 Peak matterhorns.

The Peaks either have different emitters or bodies, the Quarks have different emitters, and the Thrunites are different colors.

shane45_1911

Enlightened
I have close to a dozen SF C2's. The form factor is perfect for me, and it allows me to give a good home to all my favorite P60 drop-ins (mostly Malkoff and Nailbender).

Latest posts