• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired I need someone to widen the slots on my Peu bezel

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Peu bezel that won't accept 1.5mmx5.5mm tritium vials.
The trit slots just seem a tad too small.

Same sized trit vials fit my other Peu bezel just fine :duh2:

If anyone can take on this task, just let me know.
Of course I'd pay for the work and cover all shipping costs.

Ray

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
^ Exactly how small are yours? I have the same bezel and the width of the trit holes seems to be just about 1.50mm. I figured it might require a little shaving of the vial ends, but if not then I'm in the same boat.

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
My trits almost fit, so it's pretty close.
I remember some of these just came with slightly smaller slots back then.

Some folks filed theirs, I just don't want to ruin my bezel trying it.

yifu

Enlightened
precisonworks might be able to help you out, he's got a sub-forum under cpf custom for machining tasks.

Lolaralph

Enlightened
i posed the same question a few weeks back in the mod forum, i was informed most folks simply filed, or rounded the actual vial to fit the opening, you can probably find the info in the mod forum under the thread "correct trit size for PEU bezel", hope this helps

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, if there's at least a solid 0.5mm thickness to the vial ends, you can shave off 0.2mm from each end and that'll probably be enough to get them to fit. And as you said, rounding may be only what's really needed, given how the trit slots are rounded and the vials are not. So just gently file down the "corners".

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Kid,

What if you took a very small round file, and very carefully and very slowly, removed just enough metal to make it fit. Or, do you think a jeweler in Manhattan could help?

Just a couple of ideas. All of my hobbies have had similar things go wrong at one point, like this over the years.

Again just a couple of ideas...My Dad told me you can get anything in New York. Where I live in the desert, I just get laughed at, LA, funny looks and Seattle a shoulder shrug. Actually, in Seattle, I would try to take it to Boeing, and ask if they can help. You never know...

There has to be some dude in NYC that can do this? Right?

Good Luck,

NR

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast
File the vials. Get a diamond flat sharpener, a WD40 straw. Chuck the vial on the end if the straw and strop it against the diamond file. That's what I do with mine.

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
File the vials. Get a diamond flat sharpener, a WD40 straw. Chuck the vial on the end if the straw and strop it against the diamond file. That's what I do with mine.

Cuso !
How ya been brother ?

The WD40 straw is pure genius !!
I'm going to try that tonight.
Thanks

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cuso, when you did that did you create 4 filed edges to conform to the curved corners of the trit slot? Or did you just round off the entire end?

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
I enlarged my slots with a dremel. The result might not be perfect looking but it's 100% functional and I could easily fit some B@rt's trits. If you are very careful, you can get a very nice result. But since I know you love minty looking things, precisionworks might be the way to go...

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
^ I suppose if you've got a good vice to hold the dremel in place, you can keep the bezel steady enough to widen the trit slots a little more... some other trit sellers offer up other lengths for 1.5mm thickness (presently 1.5x5.5mm green is out of stock). I suspect 1.5mm x 6mm would be about the largest suitable opening given the curvature of the bezel.