Boston marathon explosions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rono8582

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

I don't know if/see any threads about this yet. Reuters just released some pictures showing some thick leads, some sort of RC looking control panel, and a TENERGY sub c 3000ma Li-ion battery which looks to be the power source for the explosion.

Some people had good questions about this, like why is everything else incinerated but the wrapper still clearly readable like it had only been lightly damaged?
I hope this doesn't put more of a negative spin on li-ion batteries; Let's see what the FAA says about flying with lights/devices now.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
that was nimh cell not li ion. i use them to relpace dead nicd cells in power tools, they work great. 30A draw no problems for those cells.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
They also used Casio watches for the timing mechanism...I guess they'll also ban watches on flights too?

:D

Arm and Leg

Banned
I did not realize it was this thread I was changing the title on, I did not mean to offend anyone or be humourous of the incident, I sincerely apologise about that one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Imon

Enlightened
Come on, people were killed and maimed in this incident.

Let's not joke about batteries or politics. I think a thread wasn't created on this topic because somehow someone knew it would degenerate.
I really hope that everybody can give the victims of this attack some space to sort things out and let the professionals handle their business.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
I was just telling my wife the other day that there's no chance of catching this lone wolf unless a camera caught something; lo and behold, CNN is reporting two cameras have footage of an individual with a black bag at one bomb site, and an arrest is " imminent"..

Arm and Leg

Banned
I was just telling my wife the other day that there's no chance of catching this lone wolf unless a camera caught something; lo and behold, CNN is reporting two cameras have footage of an individual with a black bag at one bomb site, and an arrest is " imminent"..
Great.
Now the hard part is proving the SOB did it.

Ragnar66

Enlightened
Won't be as hard as it used to be.....there will so much video from phones etc that they will likely pin him down. I would suggest it could even be a guilty plea by the time they present the complete file

Norm

Retired Administrator
As is usual with this sort of discussion off to the underground please. Once post and one quoted reply with an unnecessary graphic image deleted we all know what happened we don't need to see the photos here, I'm sure those wishing to view pictures (why I don't know) of the carnage can find plenty on the usual news site. - Norm

Status
Not open for further replies.