McLux pr head and extra o ring with battery pack.

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got my 2x123 body for my McLux pr head from Dat2zip and got two orings, one small that I put on the body where the head attaches. The other one is huge in thickness and I don't have a clud where it might go, any input would be appreciated.

tylerdurden

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: McLux pr head and extra o ring with battery pa

The big one goes in the recessed ring at the front of the tailswitch guard just before the body narrows. It's mostly ornamental.

Darell

Flashaholic

Actually, that "tac-grip" ring is our attempt at being big, bad and tactical. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif NOT. But seriously, it was meant to aid in using the "stogie" grip to switch the light on (light between first two fingers hooked around that fat o-ring, thumb on the switch).

Yes, the fat o-ring goes into the groove that appears to be the same dimensions as the ring. Tight fit, but it'll get there.

Darell

Flashaholic

Here ya go. Just took this shot for your viewing pleasure... as well as options for any Extra O-rings you may have on hand. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

S_P_tripod.jpg

Darell

Flashaholic

Well, the tripod MOUNT is included with each and every McLux... for free! The tripod itself is just a China cheapie. They cost me under $5 each from Overstock.com I believe. I love 'em, and use them all the time exactly as shown. Nothing like having your hands free when you're crawling under your desk to slip a new card into your computer or something.

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast

Darell, thanks for the pics, I put the o ring in the back as you have pictured and it's a very nice location. Now I have a tk McLux and the McGizmo PR head and the 2x123 McLux battery Pack. My modest light collection is coming along nicely thank you. I've got quite a range of lights covered, it just keeps getting better. I don't know if I can stand it. None of my friends could give a hoot about flashlights, it's a good thing I've got the cpf.

Darell

Flashaholic

I hear you Keith! Everybody from my wife to my friends thinks I'm nuts. I've had to force lights onto every one of them! Glad you got the o-ring location figured out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif