1w & 5w lights at LifeStyleFascination.com

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
These look interesting, but I do wish they would make their text a bit more accurate.
http://www.shoplifestyle.com/store/product.asp?pf_id=5311&source=ntrcs
307866.jpg

According to the text, the little one is only about two inches long.

LEDs (Light Emitting Diodes) are one of the greatest revolutions in lighting! Now that power has been exceeded by these Luxeon flashlights. They boost the performance of an LED by 10-15% utilizing Dynamic Lighting Effect technology and a DCDC constant circuit device! Despite the huge output the aluminum case remains safe and cool to the touch.

The Luxeon 1-Watt LED Handtorch is probably the smallest and brightest light in the world (measures only about 2" long). It outputs up to 30 lumens compared to two lumens for a single standard LED.

The Luxeon 5-Watt LED Handtorch generates 4-6X the power of the Luxeon 1-Watt (that's up to 120 lumens compared to 10 lumens for five standard LEDs)! It measures about 7" long x 1" in diameter. Amazingly, these bulbs can last and will burn continuously for three hours on the supplied lithium batteries.

They will even power up if left unused on a shelf for 10 years! They are water-resistant and shockproof and come with nylon pouch and carrying strap.

Honestly, the little one does look really neat... but I DO wish they gave the dimentions and the battery type.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got a reply from their "tech support" folks.

"HI,

That light is 2"L to 1" diameter.

It uses one lithium battery "123" (3V)

Thank you for your interest in Lifestyle Fascination.

Sincerely,
Product Information"

Guess I'm just gonna hafta buy one and check it out.

lak

Newly Enlightened
I agree, looks like the Nuwais:
ALX-053L-Box1.jpg

Using 3x123; and they do claim 120 lumens!

kj

Enlightened
Here in Japan, this light was sold as "GENTOS SuperFire SF-501". A fellow CPF'er fu-ja has already reviewed this light and you can find a review at his site.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Maybe they were measuring the small one the way it was situated -- at an angle!!!

1" x 2" is -- not possible. Look at the pitcher, if the long one is 7 inches, the short one's gotta be at least 3-1/2" to 4" long!

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
MR Bulk said:
Maybe they were measuring the small one the way it was situated -- at an angle!!!

1" x 2" is -- not possible. Look at the pitcher, if the long one is 7 inches, the short one's gotta be at least 3-1/2" to 4" long!

[/ QUOTE ]
Yup, that's about what I figured. Assuming that they at least gave me the correct battery information, the little one is probally very close in size to a SL TT-1L. (Mine measures about 1.25" x 4")
Still looks like a neat light. I'm trying to rationalize the purchase... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

kj:
Thank you for the link - that 5 Watt model appears to have quite a hotspot. Meesa like!

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I was unable to rationalize buying this light - so I bought it anyway. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regarding the LENGTH of this light, THE PACKAGE says it is 34mm by 105mm. If I remember correctly, the conversion factor is 25.4mm per inch. I don't have a calculator handy, but I suspect that chinese inches are roughly twice as long as ours. Anyway, it IS a rather cute little light. Suprisingly lightweight, water resistant, (don't ask me how I know - but suffice it to say that it DOES NOT float) The pushbutton switch is nicely raised, making it easy to locate in the dark. It comes packaged with a name brand battery, a nylon belt pouch, and a wrist strap which still allows it to stand in candle mode. Beam is rather ringy, but fairly bright and VERY white. Hotspot is roughly 20 inches (508mm) at 12 feet (3.66m) with a decent sidespill. This light would probally survive an automible rollover, or a 10 foot (3.05m) drop with ease.

A true flashaholic would probally be dissappointed with the beam quality, but a "normal" person would probally be quite content - especially if they got this as a gift. The knurling is barely more than cosmetic, but the finish is flawless. If the price comes down, this could be a good little item.

Back of package says: Model NO.:ALX-1511L

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
Update:

I've been using the little light for about a month. I really like it a lot and use it a lot, but...

The switch has become intermittant. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Sometimes I have to cycle the switch on and off a few times to get it to light.
I'm only on the second battery.