1 x AAA Comparison Chart

helleraizer

Newly Enlightened
I made this little chart up while trying to find a replacement for my Mag Soli LED that took a dump on me. So i came across this forum while browsing for a much higher quality replacement. I figured I'd share this with ya'll considering most threads on this topic are just a mish-mash of different information and recommendations. By no means is this a complete list and on some of the higher weighted lights I'm not for sure if its with or without the battery. If you have any models to add to the list post them and I'll update it. Enjoy

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AuK94eZ4igpMdGN5ZlJHc2lNTERadGtYZVRnOUdsdHc&output=html

Photon

Newly Enlightened
Great chart. Thanks for putting it together.

Suggestion for additional columns. Some of these features are of interest to flashaholics:

• PWM / Current Regulated
  • Lighting Sequence (L-M-H, M-L-H, etc.)
  • Mode Memory

helleraizer

Newly Enlightened
Photon I added the sequence and driver type to the columns although it seems like every manufacturer has a different way of describing it with many not saying anything at all. It seemed that only the E01 and all the Klarus's were the only ones to specifically say non-PWM. If anyone has any insight into how the LED's are driven on any models that don't list it please lemme know.

I made a little video on youtube of the mag not working with fresh battery going into it and the maglite service rep is sending a new one and told me to toss the broken one. Seems like the most efficient way to get things warrantied these days, works for Snap-On tools also.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice thanks! : )

As for the Fenix LD01: the latest emitter available should be an XP-E R4 raplacing the XP-G R4 of the previous version.
The sequence is M-L-H on all the versions.

Very useful chart - thanks.

In addition to the suggestions already put, may I suggest you add the Liteflux LF2XT (even though it is no longer made) and more usefully perhaps, add a new COLUMN on SWITCH type (twisty, clicky) which some of use use as an important criterion for selecting our lights.

helleraizer

Newly Enlightened
I was going to put the peak eiger on there but with its seemingly infinite configurations like battery type and emitter and the lack of info for brightness and runtime relating to all those options I sort of gave up.

I definitely agree on adding a switch type column.

wjv

Enlightened
Also the Sunwayman R01A

10 lumen for 11 h, then 4 lumen for 10 h

Photon

Newly Enlightened
helleraizer,

Thanks. Chart looks great.

We've needed something like this. Good work on taking the initiative.

Chevy-SS

Enlightened
Very nice!! I would like to suggest one more column, denoting whether or not the light can take a 10440 Li-ion battery.

Good work.......

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice!! I would like to suggest one more column, denoting whether or not the light can take a 10440 Li-ion battery.

Good work.......

Also, it would be helpful to indicate the maximum brightness with 10440 vs NiMH. Or, at the very least, whether 10440 is required for maximum brightness.

melty

Newly Enlightened
Ummmm, would there EVER be any question about this? :confused: The 10440 is ALWAYS gonna be brighter than a Nimh AFAIK. Please someone correct me if I am wrong, but 3.7v is gonna outshine 1.5v every time, LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peace

Again, I must say, that is a very nice chart helleraizer..... :thumbsup:

10440 won't have any benefit over NiMH if the light uses buck/boost drivers to normalize the voltage. He's asking whether the light is brighter on 10440 or if the light was designed to produce the same output with any battery.

Last edited:

radiancez567

Newly Enlightened
This is absolutely great! I'm also hooked onto small 1xAAA lights!

There are some more AAA lights like EOSLAMP SP11, Blackshadow Eva, and the popular Tank007 E09...

I would appreciate that a length and diameter (head and body) COLUMN be added though. It makes sense to be particular about every mm of length especially down to such small lights.