Trying Out Streamlight's CS

JNieporte

Enlightened
Well, the time has come to try out Streamlight's Customer Service. I sent in three lights for a grand total of $7.75 including insurance. I filled out the form on Streamlight's website, included the bar code they gave me, and now the wait begins. Here's the deal...

1. MicroStream, older version with the removable head. This was used during an apartment fire, and the heat had melted the switch so I couldn't change the batteries. I gave it to the fire Chief to disassemble (he had tools I didn't) and what I got back was the head. The rest was apparently thrown away. The head was sent in, with a note saying what I just said.

2. Stylus Pro. Older version with the removable head. Sometimes it would just die. I used the tailcap from my newer Stylus Pro, and it worked intermittently. Then, it heated up really badly and died. So, the entire light goes back.

3. Stylus Pro, new version. The threads on the body are very shallowly cut, so that the tailcap doesn't screw on. Instead, you can hear it "ratchet" as you push it down, then it just spins.

I included a note, pretty much word-for-word of what's typed here, and offered to pay for any repairs. How's their service and turn-around time?

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Streamlight's customer service is top notch. I say it is better that Surefire. I bet they will send you all new lights under warranty.

JNieporte

Enlightened
Word back from Streamlight via telephone:

The MicroStream isn't covered. Since they don't stock the heads any more, they're sending the damaged head back to me. There was no price quote to fix it; they just said it would be shipped back to me.

The two Stylus Pros will be replaced with new C4 Stylus Pro lights. The package will go out today (Tuesday). Not bad for having sent them out on Friday.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the followup post. Streamlight's response sounds very reasonable and I will continue purchasing their products.

JNieporte

Enlightened
I got my package from Streamlight today. The Stylus Pros were replaced with (I assume) new ones. It was just the light with sheath; no packaging, no batteries, no replacement switch cover. The lights were the new C4 version. The damaged MicroStream head was also sent back. I'm satisfied with the service and turn-around time :)

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got my package from Streamlight today. The Stylus Pros were replaced with (I assume) new ones. It was just the light with sheath; no packaging, no batteries, no replacement switch cover. The lights were the new C4 version. ...

Glad it worked out ok.

It is not uncommon for a company to replace a product under warranty without including the retail packaging or accessories. Inova replaced a T4 under warranty a few years ago and sent me the newest version, without retail packaging or other accessories.