M*g sale at Target again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Because that big company has apparently sued many smaller competitors who had better products out of business.

JoeyL

Enlightened
Actually the AA light is really good with an LED mod in it. I just got dat2zips bb400 and I really like it. It os just a little dimmer that the e2e with KL1. Beam quality the same.
Cost way less. And it uses AA's!

tylerdurden

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting, I didn't know about Mag's litigious behavior. Can you tell me more about this, such as what companies they've sued and for what reasons? I assume it wasn't any hobbyists selling mod kits, since I see quite a few people are now making businesses around that. Was it just similar products? Some kind of bogus patent infringement claims?

Thanks.

Tombeis

Enlightened
The last time we went here, I got a talking to by a Clinton lawyer from "Arkensaw". Then our housemommy closed the thread.

However, I am a glutton for punishment and I now have my own group of lawyers to advise me.

So, "On With The Show."

tkl: Where are you when we need you?

Tomas

Banned
Tyler, take a look at the Muglite website - last time I was there they were bragging about some of their recent muggings ^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H cases on their front page ...

tomsig01.gif

e=mc²

Enlightened
NJ - Land of malodorous \"earl\" refineries!
I shouldn't get in trouble for this, as it was taken right off their website:
Mag Defends Intellectual Property Rights

Mag Instrument Wins Injunction in Trade Secret Suit Against Bison Sportslights

Mag destroys infringing flashlights in Germany

Mag awarded $2.75 million in damages for patent infringement by Kassnar Imports, Inc.

Jury awards Mag over $3.1 million for copying of flashlights by Streamlight, Inc.

Jury awards Mag over $1.2 million for Brinkmann Corporation's passing off of Mini-Maglite® flashlights

ed-

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Originally posted by JoeyL:
Actually the AA light is really good with an LED mod in it. I just got dat2zips bb400 and I really like it. It os just a little dimmer that the e2e with KL1. Beam quality the same.
Cost way less. And it uses AA's!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">A bb400 is much nicer in a Brinkmann 2AA - you have the tailcap switch with it!

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Originally posted by e=mc²:
Trade Secret
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">What the heck could be a "Trade Secret" in a cylinder that holds a battery, with a twist on/off head..oh, must be that "rocket science" focus mechanism...

Ooops, there I go again opening up my mouth...where's "Arkensaw" when you need a lawyer!
grin.gif
(is that a real member's handle?)

Tombeis

Enlightened
Sigman:

"Arkensaw" is not the members real handle.

On advice of my staff of lawyer's I connot devulge the real handle. Sorry.
frown.gif

flashlightlens

Newly Enlightened
You'd think since M*g hasn't changed their lights in like 50 years, the patent protection is long gone. I wouldn't think a jury would hold Copyright or TM infringement up to those levels of monetary value........

Empath

Flashaholic
Surefirem6, I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Your thread though has become a vehicle by others for discussing litigation issues of a manufacturer, and contains far too many "Jeers" regarding them and members in this group.

Such discussion should be taken to the Cheers'N'Jeers forum. Before doing so though, please read the guidelines in the first message of that forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.