SUREFIRE EB1 Clicky switch behavior

dcowboyscr

Newly Enlightened
Greenwood(Indianapolis), Indiana & Orlando, Florid
H,i I just bought a SUREFIRE EB1 to complement my E1B. With my E1B I have around 2 seconds after I click the switch to click it again to go to the different level. However, on my EB1 I must press the button in under a second to get the light to change to low after the first click. If I just press the button in 1 second intervals the high beam keeps coming on. Personally I find this timing PERFECT for use as a tactical light without accidentally switching to low beam. My EB1 is serial number A06339. The only other EB1 in the store behaved in the same way.

I wonder if SUREFIRE is programming these or at least the ones currently coming out in this way???? I hope so I love it. As for the light I love it. Tint is a little on the greenish side but I don't notice it unless I'm shining the light at a white wall comparing it to the E1B. I think colors look more natural with this beam. I also like the length as its compact enough for me to EDC but big enough to stick under my arm and also get a good grip on.

Last edited:

MatthewSB

Enlightened
With my E1B I have around 2 seconds after I click the switch to click it again to go to the different level. However, on my EB1 I must press the button in under a second to get the light to change to low after the first click. If I just press the button in 1 second intervals the high beam keeps coming on.

The only thing I dislike about my E1B is that it isn't fast enough to switch to low mode. It feels like I need to click it on high, then count to two before hitting it again when I want to use low mode. Most of the time, I double click it and I keep getting high mode.

My new P2X Fury takes under a second to switch modes, and it's perfect, I would assume that they are doing all the clickies like that now, or at least I hope that they are.

dcowboyscr

Newly Enlightened
Greenwood(Indianapolis), Indiana & Orlando, Florid
I just talked to SF Customer Service and they were unaware of the new timing on the switching of the light levels. They looked at several samples and they're all like mine. This is a great feature if you are a cop or using the EB1 to say clear a house ie turn light on then off a lot as you move.

In the past I would momentarily turn the E1B on then after it was off often times I'd need to turn it back on but I was within the 2 second "window" so it would switch to low power as designed.

Now I can momentarily activate the light, turn it off and as long as I don't turn it on for only a 1 second "window" it will come back on in the bright mode.