Thrunite Ti2 fix

bkb

Newly Enlightened
Just got a Ti2 in the mail this afternoon for my wife, she likes mine so much thought i'd get her one. Waited three weeks for it to come from China and it doesnt work. Tried my ti2 head on her body and it works, so Im assuming theres something wrong with the head. I'd like to try fixing it if possible instead of having to wait three weeks for another one. Anyone know how to take the head apart to look it over or are these glued together? What might possibly be keeping it from functioning?

Poppy

Flashaholic
I bought five Thrunites. I had problems with two of them. They stand behind their products. So I would contact them and have them send you a new one. Their QC could be a little better. As you already know... when you get one that is working properly, it is a terriffic product.

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
~

I also think you should return it to ThruNite ...........
or the retailer where you bought it ...... I doubt you can fix it .

Where is best place to get a Ti2 these days ?
I've been outta the loop and not shoppin for over a year now.
Did they discontinue the Ti version ?
I'm tryin to catch-up .

~

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's likely none of these are broken and do not require sending back. Google CPF for about a hundred posts with the same problem. All AAA batteries are of various lengths. Some of mine are too short to make good contact. Put a small washer under the battery to make it taller. Or try a different taller AAA battery.

Bumble

Enlightened
Just got a Ti2 in the mail this afternoon for my wife, she likes mine so much thought i'd get her one. Waited three weeks for it to come from China and it doesnt work. Tried my ti2 head on her body and it works, so Im assuming theres something wrong with the head. I'd like to try fixing it if possible instead of having to wait three weeks for another one. Anyone know how to take the head apart to look it over or are these glued together? What might possibly be keeping it from functioning?

well battery length is indeed an issue with these lights, so if your using EXACTLY the same cell in both lights then maybe it is indeed faulty.

Bumble

Enlightened
~

I also think you should return it to ThruNite ...........
or the retailer where you bought it ...... I doubt you can fix it .

Where is best place to get a Ti2 these days ?
I've been outta the loop and not shoppin for over a year now.
Did they discontinue the Ti version ?
I'm tryin to catch-up .

~

you may find some ti still floating about :) thrunites own store on ebay is a good place to get a ti2.

bkb

Newly Enlightened
Put a small washer under the battery to make it taller. Or try a different taller AAA battery.
Gotta love this forum. Tried the battery from my EDC Ti, worked on low sometimes. Put a very thin small washer in the bottom of the tube, works perfect. No need to send it back to the orient. Thanks Gordo.

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gotta love this forum. Tried the battery from my EDC Ti, worked on low sometimes. Put a very thin small washer in the bottom of the tube, works perfect. No need to send it back to the orient. Thanks Gordo.

Crap. I completely forgot. I switched from using a small washer to using a tiny piece of folded tinfoil in the bottom of the tube. It has some give and take and works better.

If you have a washer or foil in the bottom of the tube, and tighten the head way too tight on High mode, you may have inadvertantly decreased the travel distance of the tab, and the light has very little spacing from Low to High mode.

To increase the spacing between Low and High mode, pull the tab out (on the head) just a tiny little bit until the spacing works for you. If the spacing has become too big, meaning it takes too much turning to go from Low to High mode, you can gently push the tab in a bit, at the edge of the tab.

Obviously, pushing and pulling the tab out too many times will weaken the tab joint to the point it will no longer hold enough spacing between Low and High mode.

Last edited: