Mag31 restoring/conversion

FILIPPO

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all..

i need some advice ... I have a mag31 (running wa1331 bulb) from 2007.. It has a 10.8v pack nimh 2/3A cells (elite 1500) and they start to show some age..

I absolutely loved this light for it's output/runtime (not as bad as you would think) also in 1.25D form factor it's very handy for every day use like walking the dog in the countryside..

As soon as i'm planning to replace the batteries with some li-ions do you think i should upgrade something else?? .. I'm in EU and i have hard times trying to find 3x17650 adapers (FM's ones are sold out) .. Maybe i can change completely my set up? Do you think it's worth it??

any suggestion will be really apreciated!
thank you!!

SteveoMiami

Newly Enlightened
If you are attached to that light then it would be fun to build it and make it a 1 of a kind light that you can use. I build smaller lights so I dont know exactly whats out and what people are doing to Mag lights but I now you can get upgraded heatsinks, drivers, leds, batteries

FILIPPO

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for your reply! .. I'm mostly an incan guy but i'm considering to convert some of them to LED...
Unfortunately I don't understand much whan talking about LEDs and drivers...

i'would be happy with about 500OTF lumens and 1hr of burntime... Is this possible with my mag 1,25D? Is there any sort of guide thread to start from? I'm completely new to leds and i don't really do what i'm doing... I feel much more confortable talking about overdrive and bulbs flashing .. But I like to learn :thumbsup:

thank you ,
F