A few Twin-Task 2L versus Surefire G2 questions.

E2E4ME

Newly Enlightened
The Twin-Task's xenon output is rated at 72 lumens, and battery life is 2.5 hours using the xenon bulb. How can it last that long when the G2 puts out 65 lumens and only lasts 1 hour? Is Surefire's bulb that inefficient compared to the 2L's?

Also, for those who own of have seen both side by side, how does the beam quality between the two compare? Which throws farther, which is smoother, etc.

Thanks for any information,

James

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't always believe the Mfgr Lumen ratings. From my lightbox apparatus:

G2: 5200
TT 2L: 3500

So the overall output of the TT-2L is significantly lower (about 1/3 less) of that of the G2.

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
The two TT 2L's that I have don't make a significant hotspot either, they're more of a semi-flood beam that is a bit brighter in the middle. The focusing ability doesn't work that well.

It's a very, very useful light but if all you want to do is punch a relatively tight hole through the darkness, a G2 is going to make you happier.

Jon

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll second Stonedogs post.

I find that the semi-flood (semi-spot ?) and brightness covers 98% of the things I want/need to do. This does not cover doing beamshots at three feet against my Ultrastinger or SL TL-3 Xenon.

The 3 LEDs are used most often, and combined with the relatively long Xenon burn time, it makes the 2 L light last an extraordinarily long time. It'll be working when the other bunnies have stopped long ago putting out photons.

gadgetnut

Enlightened
I agree with StoneDog. If you just want an inexpensive, really bright light, get the G2. But the TT 2L is pretty dang bright too, and it's a LOT more useful because of the LED's. I find lithium powered Xenon bulbs to be a little too bright for some tasks (like trying to read a white sheet of paper in the dark) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ditto what everybody has said.

Neither really takes the place of the other.

BC

Ig

Newly Enlightened
Just received Twin-Task. Tried vs G2 only on close distance. The brightness looks equal, but Twin-Task a little whiter.
P.S. My E1 also whiter than G2.

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use 2 Scorpoins, and a NF. These puch pretty well. The TTL2 gives me 2 light levels, and should the Incan giveout I still have led light. I would like to try a SF A2 for comparison, but a I am happy to carry at least one ttl light.