Olight X6 versus Tugboat Searchlights + some distance shots

Moddoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting video, but I have to wonder about the voltage at the searchlight with the engine off.
The X6 certainly looks like a strong performer.

Lurveleven

Flashlight Enthusiast
That doesn't look right! Are you sure the tugboat searchlight is 250W? Looking at some lamp specs, the Osram 64465, which is 150W produces 3200 lm. A 250 W bulb with the same lumens per watt, would give 5333 lm. The collimation on the tugboat searchlight also appears to be tighter than on the X6, so I would have expected it to be the one with the best throw.

BelgianEvo

Newly Enlightened
Yep i'm sure that is 250Watt bulb because i replaced one a few weeks ago.
But the reflector on those things is a bit crappy if i may admit :)

I even took a picture of the bulb (it's the left one) : http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/5784/lampjesf.jpg

I never liked those searchlights on the tug because they don't put out that much power at all in my opinion.

The voltage is 24 Volt, and it's always 24Volt wheter the engines are running or not :) The tug was plugged into "shore-power" at the time the video was made, and when it's sailing we have a 300bhp Generator running to supply the vessel of 380Volt - 220Volt and a charger to charge the batteries. (8*250Ah)

Ragnar66

Enlightened
I have one. Its awesome. Rugged, simple, no light where I'm at so this thing is awesome at a collision scene when you need that much light.......can charge it in the car.....awesome light.

Lurveleven

Flashlight Enthusiast
It would be interesting with a current measurement to see how hard the bulb is actually driven, it should use 10.42 A if correctly driven. But at such a high current, even small amounts of resistance in the system will lead to a large voltage sag and considerable lumen loss.