• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Moddoolar Pocket Slim using 18500

maxlightcp

Newly Enlightened
Hi Guys,

I just wanted to say that I have been monitoring this forum for a couple of weeks and recently joined, and you all are a bad influence on me. I just bought a Moddoolar Pocket Slim using 18500 batteries (Yes they are in stock) and was wondering if anyone had a link to the full data sheet on the AW 18500 battery.

Thank you -

ronrog69

Newly Enlightened
Welcome. I can't help you with any data on the 18500. I just wanted to add a little more bad influence on you. I, too, purchased the Moddoolar Pocket Slim from Oveready a couple of weeks ago and really like it. Then, I went back and got the OD Defense Light with the Cryos Cooling Bezel. I highly recommend this light. If you like the Pocket Slim, you will love the Defense Light. Just be warned, it is a handful, in a good way. It has substantial girth, particularly in comparison to the Pocket Slim. But, it feels like you really have something of substance in the palm of your hand. I have quite a few lights, nothing in comparison to the flashaholics on this forum, but this is currently my favorite light. Just let that mull around in your brain awhile. Keep on shinin'.

maxlightcp

Newly Enlightened
I looked at the Defense light first, and decided to go with the more compact design of the Pocket Slim. I do appreciate the feedback ... always looking to the next light purchase. The triple LED design really does seem the way to go get the lumens and spread out the load and heat. I am looking forward to receiving the Pocket Slim and putting it through some evaluations. Regards -

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the Pocket Slim 50, and I use the Zero Rez Shorty(ZRS) in the tailcap which makes it a twisty operation, but then you can put either a 18650 in it, OR you can put 2 x 18350 in it and get full regulated output which is the way I use mine.
The light is the same basic thing as you have now, with the same length and all, but the ZRS allows using the other cell configs as long as you are okay with using it as a twisty.
You should try this, you'll like it. I have two of these kinds of lights, and I love them, and my favorite config is the Slim 50 with ZRS and a pair of 18350. And for back-up, if you want a whole lot of run time, you can carry a single 18650 as a spare, and when you need it you just drop it in there.
18650 has twice the run time of 18500.

You don't need to worry about using a protected battery, because the light has a built-in low battery warning and shutoff in it.

maxlightcp

Newly Enlightened
I just about went with the 50 body and got greedy and went the full 100. I want to get the shorter body also so I can down size when I want. I just got the light in yesterday and last night it was amazing. We are on 1.5 acres and have coyote problems, I think I will be able to see them coming.

How does the low battery warning work? No manual or info with the light, output reduction ?

Moddoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the Pocket Slim 50, and I use the Zero Rez Shorty(ZRS) in the tailcap which makes it a twisty operation, but then you can put either a 18650 in it, OR you can put 2 x 18350 in it and get full regulated output which is the way I use mine.
The light is the same basic thing as you have now, with the same length and all, but the ZRS allows using the other cell configs as long as you are okay with using it as a twisty.
You should try this, you'll like it. I have two of these kinds of lights, and I love them, and my favorite config is the Slim 50 with ZRS and a pair of 18350. And for back-up, if you want a whole lot of run time, you can carry a single 18650 as a spare, and when you need it you just drop it in there.
18650 has twice the run time of 18500.

You don't need to worry about using a protected battery, because the light has a built-in low battery warning and shutoff in it.

Great to hear the input on these.
TWL, this is about exactly what I was going to write up about this light.
I carry the same thing.
It fits quite nicely, head down in the change (5th) pocket on a pair of jeans.
I carry mine with xp-g2 neutrals and 2x18350 as a sidekick to my E2 triple nichia with a 18650.