Met Stan Lee last night

Mutie

Enlightened
Sylvie (my clone) and I were at the Xmen 2 DVD release party last night. There was an x-treme mutant challenge contest judged by Stan Lee. We disqualified ourselves because we are professional mutants and in my case a real mutant (10q26 on the gene map) and these were mostly kids. It would have been a total slaughter on these poor innocents. Despite that we stole all the media attention. And afterwards we got to meet Stan Lee.

He was quite impressed with Sylvie.

Being a mutant does have it's priveledges.

Mutech

emitter

Newly Enlightened
what's up with the mutation? Albino? 6 fingers?
I dont' buy Stan's sob story that Marvel is underpaying him and all that. The dudes a millionaire, and makes loads of cash off of appearances. We need an xmen 3 to get Colossus in the action...

/\/

Mutie

Enlightened
I wish it was 6 fingers. Better yet opposeable thumbs on the same hand. It's called gyrate atrophy and is similar to RP (retinitus pigmentosa (that's probably not spelled right)). Basically no peripheral vision. And seriously night blind.

X3 is coming out in 2006.

Stan seemed ok. Didn't really get to talk or anything. Just a quick introduction and I think a picture.

Mutech

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*
Back when I was in High School (sometime between 1977 and 1980) I met Stan, and actually have a custom made original of his in my room (He drew a DC Character for me, as I was a DC fan, what can I say). One of my good friends was a SERIOUS X-men fan, and that's how I met Stan. Stan used to show up at one of the local comics shops

My friend had EVERY comic where ANY of the X-men ever appeared, including one pannel Cameos. I remember the day she bought X-men #1 - she got a NICE note from Stan to go with it. She also had a bunch of the original art from some of the annuals. Then her Mom got sick, and she had to sell off a LOT of it to help pay bills