2AA side by side.

dealgrabber2002

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there a 2AA light with batteries side by side that accepts .09-4.2v? I was very excited when zebralight announced their 2AA; but later they canceled it.

Last edited:

whiteoakjoe

Enlightened
I have not seen any, but I can't claim to be on top of the market. The spy and the kel-tec have a similar over under arrangement for 123A's But I have not seen others like that. It's a shame because the 4AA lights with 2 colums of batterys are one of my favorite body styles. I have about 5 lights with that arrangement and it has the best "feel" in the hand for me.

dealgrabber2002

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have not seen any, but I can't claim to be on top of the market. The spy and the kel-tec have a similar over under arrangement for 123A's But I have not seen others like that. It's a shame because the 4AA lights with 2 colums of batterys are one of my favorite body styles. I have about 5 lights with that arrangement and it has the best "feel" in the hand for me.

I wish Fenix, 4sevens, etc would make a 2AA model.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
A long time ago (15-20 years) 2AA 'pocketable' plastic incans. were available. $5-$10.

I bought some UK 2AAA eLED for my keychain around 2006. One still on my keychain. 3 lumens 24 hours. The batteries were difficult to install, never tried taking them out.

There are 2 current models (available from brightguy):
-
UK 2AAA Mini Pocket eLED Flashlight
Output: 7 lumens
Battery Type: 2AAA, included
Run Time: 20 hours
Weight w/Batteries: 1.3 oz.
Includes removable clip for attaching to safety glasses or the brim of a cap
Includes key ring for use as a pocket light
made in the USA
$17.95
-
UK 2AAA eLED MPL I
Output: 35 lumens
Battery Type: 2 AAA alkaline cells
Run Time: 3 hrs
Weight w/Batteries: 1.7 oz
includes nylon hat clip, key ring, and batteries
made in the USA
$29.99

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
A long time ago (15-20 years) 2AA 'pocketable' plastic incans. were available. $5-$10.

I remember those. They were generally fairly flat and were often held similar to a handgun. The head often angled from the body of the light in order to point forward. But they were typically cheap, plastic affairs (as, it seemed, were most lights of the time).

Speaking of old flashlights that had two AA batteries side by side, anyone remember the Duracell Durabeam?

Last edited:

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Speaking of old flashlights that had two AA batteries side by side, anyone remember the Duracell Durabeam?

Not sure, does it look like this?
3785881171_570f4e3ab3_z.jpg

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure if that's a different version of it. The Durabeam I remember had an orange/brown head and black body. But the head was fixed rather than swiveling.

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
My dad carried one of those around for years, probably still has it somewhere. There's one on ebay currently.

A modern version would be kind of cool.

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure if that's a different version of it. The Durabeam I remember had an orange/brown head and black body. But the head was fixed rather than swiveling.

Not sure exactly what it was called but I got it sometime in the 80's I think, was in a blister pack with 2 duracell AA batteries. The bulb had a lens on it and it wasn't easy finding a replacement 2.4V ES bulb. I tried to put a LED replacement bullb in but I didn't test the polarity and, well :poof:. For $20, I didn't get another one.

Carried it around for the best part of a decade, with people often mistaking it for a lighter.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Did someone say Durabeam 2AA?

I used to keep this one in the car. It was a decent light back in the day.

Geoff

jamesmyname

Newly Enlightened
Not sure, does it look like this?
3785881171_570f4e3ab3_z.jpg

That takes me back to my childhood, although I seem to remember it taking two C cells. I can't tell from the pic though.

I saw the Durabeam 2AA at an estate sale a few weeks ago. It seemed to have modding potential, but the case felt too flimsy. The rectangular reflector would probably make for a pretty strange beam with a LED swapped in. I decided to pass on it. I would like to see some 2AA side-by-side lights as well.

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also have an old UK 2xAAA eLed light. Colliminator lens for a nice even beam. I still have it and it works. Not very bright and an ugly blue tint, but a solid light. It used to be my hotel night table flashlight when I traveled a lot. Don't know what the updated ones are like. The side by side cell arrangement makes for a very compact light. I don't know why more light use this format.

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did someone say Durabeam 2AA?

I used to keep this one in the car. It was a decent light back in the day.

Geoff

Now we're talking!

THAT certainly has to be one of the more memorable flashlights from back in the day! I would put it right up there with those old 2D Eveready flashlights with the smooth chrome bodies and red plastic heads that EVERYBODY had back in the 70s.

Last edited:

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Don't know about the 0.9-4.2 volt part but...

Streamlight sidewinder is a pretty solid side by side 2aa.

Versus a 1aa Pentagon.

White, blue, green, and IR available.
To the right is a difusser to make it a mini lantern.

Repsol600rr

Enlightened
Visiting my family in another state. I had forgotten my uncle uses one of those dura beams as a drawer light in the kitchen. Played around with it for a while. It's been in there as long as I can remember. Still going strong.