Armytek Predator or Predator Pro....advice please

Tulip bush

Enlightened
Just been looking at the predators and just noticed there is the standard predator and a predator pro.

If anybody can let me know the differences between the two I would be very grateful. I can't really see any major differences, but after looking at their specs the pro seems to have a different driver......if anybody could spell out to me what this means again that would be great.

cheers all.

marcham

Newly Enlightened
I'm totally confused. The pros are programmable, the non pros are not. Why there are 2 price points for the pros I haven't figured out yet.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

fletch31

Newly Enlightened
I'm totally confused. The pros are programmable, the non pros are not. Why there are 2 price points for the pros I haven't figured out yet.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

One is standard cool for a few more lumens and the other is warm tint for a few less. I doubt the difference in lumens would be noticable between the two. I have the Pro XPG-2 (It's cool temp tint version) and the light throws great. The price has been reduced by 25% on their site right now and you can save an additional 8% with the coupon code Code Removed. This is my favorite light now and well worth buying. I don't pick up my bored out Surefire C2 with XML dropin anymore which was my previous favorite.
Fletch31

Last edited by a moderator:

Tulip bush

Enlightened
Still confused, you can get the cool white xpg2, in the pro predator and standard predator and the only difference i can find is the pro has an S tek driver or something....on there site there both on offer, about 15 dollars more.

Ah, just looked again I think it's to do with stabilising, the pro has choice of constant and step, where the standard is just stepped I think. If anybody with abit more experience can shed some light that would be great.

Found more details on armytek cpf..... The link below,,,,,,,so if anybody can let me know what the differences with regard to stabilisation are.......constant etc in the link.....cheers.

http://www.armytek.com/armytek-news/product-news.html

Right so I found this link..... http://www.armytek.com/technologies/terms-glossary.html

which has made it a bit clearer to me. So basically the pro is more flexible and allows constant brightness even when the battery power is low.....sweet.

Last edited:

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Pro version, is the one with the fully programmable driver which has the been the outstanding feature of the Predator (see my dual review for more details)

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...dator-G2-V2-0-and-Predator-X-V2-0-dual-Review

The non-pro is a simplified version for those who want the same build quality, but may have been put off the original Predator due to its complex programming. This version has a fixed set of output modes.

benhar

Newly Enlightened
So how do these relate to the Predator X?

Edit: Nevermind. Didn't realize the X is discontinued.

Last edited:

gianetics

Enlightened
at those prices buy both! i got the pred xpg2 and im seriously considering the viking xml non pro. the build quality is top notch on these things. there pretty much selling surefire quality for budget light prices.

sdr

Newly Enlightened
Ouch!

My new Predator arrived on Wednesday 4/24, having ordered it on Friday the week before, and now I see where Armytek comes out with this killer deal and a re-branding of this light the following day! The story of my life ~ A day late and a dollar short every time! With this new "Hot Deal" from Armytek this Predator Pro is $30.49 less than what I paid for my Predator XP-G2 exactly one week ago. I have to admit, that takes away some of the warm-fuzzy enthusiasm that I was feeling for this light.

Like I said, Ouch!
shrug.gif

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Pro version, is the one with the fully programmable driver which has the been the outstanding feature of the Predator (see my dual review for more details)

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...dator-G2-V2-0-and-Predator-X-V2-0-dual-Review

The non-pro is a simplified version for those who want the same build quality, but may have been put off the original Predator due to its complex programming. This version has a fixed set of output modes.
I read different posts on CPF about the Predator where many people question the programing feature and do not want to be bothered programing the light. It seems they do not understand the light comes programed and there is no need to change it if you choose not to. I guess it takes a new impossible to program flashlight for those people to purchase the Predator. I wonder if the non-pro Predator will end the programing concerns people have. :confused:

ToddWebb

Newly Enlightened
at those prices buy both!

And... that's exactly what I did. In my own noob thread where I asked for advice, user scsmith suggested the Armytek Predator. So I googled that, and the very first hit was this thread back here on CandlePowerForums, where I discover a 25% sale, an additional 8% coupon code and free shipping, along with everyone's encouraging words. So, thank you CPF users for all your knowledge. I dunno what prompted me to research flashlights. This is the type of thing I'd normally just grab a Maglite at Home Depot. But I feel confident that I'll be glad I did come here! Now I eagerly await the arrival of my 2 new lights :)

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
And... that's exactly what I did. In my own noob thread where I asked for advice, user scsmith suggested the Armytek Predator. So I googled that, and the very first hit was this thread back here on CandlePowerForums, where I discover a 25% sale, an additional 8% coupon code and free shipping, along with everyone's encouraging words. So, thank you CPF users for all your knowledge. I dunno what prompted me to research flashlights. This is the type of thing I'd normally just grab a Maglite at Home Depot. But I feel confident that I'll be glad I did come here! Now I eagerly await the arrival of my 2 new lights :)

How did you acquire the 8% discount and free shipping. I tried the Code removed, and it was a no go, in addition I'd be charged $30.00 shipping. Which stopped me from hitting the order button.

Thanks

Sukram

Newly Enlightened
Just been looking at the predators and just noticed there is the standard predator and a predator pro.

If anybody can let me know the differences between the two I would be very grateful. I can't really see any major differences, but after looking at their specs the pro seems to have a different driver......if anybody could spell out to me what this means again that would be great.

cheers all.

I understand that Armytek Predator Pro v.2.5 XP-G2 is rebranding of Armytek Predator v.2.0 XP-G2. This Pro version has a fully programmable settings and full time constant brightness. Armytek predator v.2.5 has step brightness. I found this information here http://www.armytek.com/armytek-news/product-news.html

Sukram

Newly Enlightened

I did the same. Decided to order 2 lights because of great discount for these lights and plus Code Removed discount and it works really:)

sirockalot

Newly Enlightened
How did you acquire the 8% discount and free shipping. I tried the Code Removed, and it was a no go, in addition I'd be charged $30.00 shipping. Which stopped me from hitting the order button.

Thanks
its only free shipping on orders over $95 I believe, and the code should work once items are in your cart

556hollowtip

Newly Enlightened
How did you acquire the 8% discount and free shipping. I tried the Code Removed, and it was a no go, in addition I'd be charged $30.00 shipping. Which stopped me from hitting the order button.

Thanks

Had the same issue, but ended up clicking submit.... Have had a older version of the Predator for a while now and love it. Figured with the discount and cpf discount i'd take the shipping hit and get the viking pro.

oeL

Newly Enlightened
How did you acquire the 8% discount and free shipping.

"Free Shipping. Armytek offers you FREE shipping by DHL on retail orders over $95"

For some regions they use Fedex instead of DHL. Around one week from order til arrival (Germany).

Latest posts