2 new small lights from Sunwayman

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
The spring isn't foam. The foam is an anti-rattle and cheap polarity protection measure. The spring is likely a lie-flat spring in the middle of the foam. Since the light has a two-stage progressive UI (like Tain's piccolo) I expect the design is very much the same.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like a ThruNite Ti? Then definitely not for me.

Except for the tint, I'm not so crazy about my L10 N219 either because of the foam donut..... however, I really like the design and UI of the ThruNite T10 - just wish it could be had with the N219.

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks just like the Ti and a AA version. I have had nothing but good performance from mine.

Interesting, if the descriptions are not in error, it describes left-handed threads. Probably someone does not understand "clockwise" and "counter-clockwise", or they are trying to describe it from the perspective of looking at it tail-on.

Racer

Enlightened
I've had good luck with the Ti. I didn't think much of the way they did the foam but it's more robust than it looks.

It looks like a nice light. I will be buying one.

lintonindy

Newly Enlightened
Is it just me, or does tail standing look like a frustrating balancing act?

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
i'm a bit confused of the UI. for me, it sounds as if there is a middle for off then counterclockwise for one output and clockwise for another. did i read wrong?

arnstein

Newly Enlightened
The Sunwayman web pages strongly suggest that these lights should not be used with lithium primary (1.8 volt) cells. Too bad! I like lithium.

dts71

Newly Enlightened
Is it just me, or does tail standing look like a frustrating balancing act?

I agree - it seems that they and many others (4Sevens Revo/Thrunite/Klarus etc) focus on putting it on the key ring.
I'd never do that, I carry single AAA/AA lights separately and really value the tail stand feature.

jjmseattle

Newly Enlightened
They look nice but hell will freeze over before I buy another Sunwayman light.

the Suntheway man R02 a is amazing it's kind of like the through night operating twist head low twist harder hi 66 lumens but it has a beautiful warm light very more so neutral but a little warmer than the neutral white on some for 70 lights it has an awesome very very wide beam so and it has some decent throw to it and the spacing when you turn on between low and high is more far apart than that through night ti so you have some good space to play with before you switch to the high mode.

the beam is so clean and very wide beam neutral white and also has good throw to it or if I was to compare it to another one of my AAA lights the four sevens P 0 stainless steel is similar to that but with a lot more thorough so somewhere between the p0 47 flight and the original through night ti but the awesomeness of throw in with of the beam is awesome

MojaveMoon07

Enlightened
Regarding the R02A, you can view whitewall and indoor beamshots in this thread (link)

I purchased an R02A a few months ago from batteryjunction. Upon turning it on for the first time, I immediately saw an unmistakable green tint indoors and outdoors. Batteryjunction was great to work with -- I explained the situation and asked for an exchange; they checked some other R02A in their inventory and said those, too, had the same green tint and to check back with them later on with when they have a new inventory of R02A and they'll check them for a green tint if I ask them.

But in the beamshots in the link I posted, you can see how good the tint of the R02A can look if you can obtain one without any off-tint.

Since I owned the R02A so briefly, I had time to make only two other impressions that I can recall.

Compared to the Ti2, the R02A is noticeably shorter in length and diameter, and the weight of the R02A + eneloop seemed lighter than the weight of the Ti2 with no eneloop inside it.

As a constructive criticism, since the R02A is so small I think the head would benefit from an additional amount of surface area on the head being knurled. Right now the combination of the small diameter head plus small width of the ring of knurling on the head might make it a bit harder than it should be for a person with large fingers to precisely operate the head of the R02A with one hand.

Last edited:

MojaveMoon07

Enlightened
My family purchased two R15A from vinhnguyen54 who posted in his sub-forum on this website that he is selling a batch of them after modifying them:
"My only simple mod is make the head turn tighter, smoother, more water resistant."

The threading (tightening/loosening) is smooth, and I like the distance of tightening required before activating the high mode; with the Ti2, the distance from low to high is very short -- it's so short that when the Ti2 is off, if I am in a hurry I sometimes accidentally overshoot the low that I want and wind up in high mode. I like the fact that it is not possible to over-tighten the flashlight -- as soon as you activate the high mode, additional tightening is not possible at all. In contrast, it is possible to continue to tighten the Fenix LD15 and the Thrunite Ti2 after activating high mode.

The beam pattern is wonderful -- I think it is nearly identical to the beam pattern of the Ti2:
The brightness and diameter of the spills seem identical. The hotspot of the R15A is a little bit brighter than the hotspot of the Ti2; but the hotspot of the R15A seems slightly smaller.

The R15A's low mode is a little bit brighter than the low mode of the Ti2, and I think it is more practical because it is useful in more situations to me than the lower low mode of the Ti2.

In both of these there is no off-tint like green or blue or purple; it is only cool white which is exactly what I wanted; one unit is a cool "cool white" while the other unit is a neutral-ish "cool white". I'm hoping/expecting that the R15A has the same great regulation of the R02A which you can view in a comparison graph about half-way down the page in this link (link) or this link (link). The R02A has better regulation than the Ti2 whose regulation you can see in a graph in post (#45) at this (link)

Last edited: