Looking for a Modder...

bmstrong

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got a Brass Firefly I want to have a Mod done to. The light just screams special because of it's amazing exterior. I want to do something Mad & Bright & Wonderful, but, I'm having an extraordinary hard time finding anyone.

Anyone interested in the job? Please PM or email:

[email protected]

Thanks,

Brian

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i think all you need to make it brighter would be a more powerful pill. maybe a 3watter?

bmstrong

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think all you need to make it brighter would be a more powerful pill. maybe a 3watter?

Yeah. That's my thinking. Or I'd love to try a R2L or something along that line.

It's the PERFECT size for EDC. Not to mention it looks unbelievable.

Brian

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
What does the firefly run on? A 123? CR2? A nice BB700 sandwich under a Q3J should do nicely. Very bright with a low Vf to maximize runtime. A BB500 would probably be more practical.

bmstrong

Flashlight Enthusiast
What does the firefly run on?

One single 123. I'm less concerned with runtime. (I have Arc's for that) I want to drive it a Bright & White as I can.

My only problem: I still haven't found a Modder....

Brian

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
BMStrong,
If I understand the design of the firefly correctly, you don't need a modder. Just get in touch with Wayne at the Sandwiche Shoppe and get him to build you a sandwich with a high dome luxeon on it and drop it in. Which sandwich do you have now? You might just need an emitter swap. That isn't hard at all.