I'm no longer a Lumen Whore

Grmnracing

Newly Enlightened
Just got my P60 drop in. Nichia 219. Ohh boy, I am now a High Cri tint snob.

Other than a tripple or quad Nichia 219 does it get any better?

Steven

Last edited:

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
Other than a tripple or quad Nichia 219 does it get any better?

Steven

Short answer.....No. :grin2:

My go to lights have Nichia 219's in them. The best general usage drop-in IMO is the M61-219, excellent balance of spot/flood with a very pleasing tint and color rendering.

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man, all these Nichia 219 talks are getting me excited.
I have a M61 219 & bare 219 emitters coming my way (for my DIY triple dropin) & i can't wait to see how well it fares against other tints.

JonK

Sent from my Awesome phone from somewhere in the mountains

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep. If HDS ever gets any more lights out to the dealers there's a 120 Clicky out there somewhere that's going to get a "make over".

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ever since I made my first P60 Nichia219 module, I'm in love with this LED... It just forms a great beam no matter what reflector or optics you use...
Not to mention color rendering w/o having to have ORANGE tint...

Hopefully there will be a successor soon (319?)...

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep saying I'm no longer a lumen whore. I have several Nichia 219 lights, but everytime a ultra high lumens light appear on the market, my eyes wander over to that thread.

bjt3833

Newly Enlightened
I'm always going to be a lumen whore. No way around it but at least I have learned what I like and I really like the temperature of lights around the Fenix lights and Zebralights I have. Give me plenty good color rendition. I haven't had any official warm or neutral lights but they are what I'd imagine neutral being. Although without firsthand experience people might call me crazy and they might be right.

silentlurker

Newly Enlightened
Are there any retail lights that have this magical Nichia 219 LED?

Fun fact: My first LED flashlight, a Tektite AA light, had four Nichia LEDs in it.

markr6

Flashaholic
YES!! Same here. I love my L10's with Nichia 219. I also recently bought a Xeno E03 and put a 14500 in it instead of an Eneloop...WOW it's so much brighter now! I'll probably get a drop-in one of these days too.

silentlurker

Newly Enlightened
It does if you buy it that way.
There's a dealer in CA who got a custom run of them. Looks like he still has 'em in stock.

Anyone else other than Xeno? I have two E03's (XM-L), and one of them died shortly after it arrived. I'd rather buy elsewhere.

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am now a High Cri tint snob.

CRI or tint? Or the combination CRI and CCT of the 219 specifically?

The CCT with LF2XT is very similar. The difference is the CRI but I still like the tint of the LF2XT. I also like the tint of the H51w but I think it's a bit more yellow.

Anyhow, I realise now that it was CCT that I was drawn to rather than CRI. It had confused me after connecting my first 219 MCPCB and thinking that it wasn't that much different to my LF2XT and that the TK20 (3000K CCT, 80 CRI) seemed comfortably warm. I am able to appreciate the CRI a lot more now though but don't be confused as to what it is you being influenced by.