zebralight, why!!!

gianetics

Enlightened
so everyone knows the zl ui is awsome i have a sc51 and its a fantastic light. however rarely use it becuase i like a light with a little more throw and with a rear switch. does anyone think zl will make a light with a smo reflector or a little deeper reflector and a tail switch? i cant be the only person on the planet who would buy these up.

Erik1213

Enlightened
If anything, judging by their product spreadsheet and some of their product releases, they are on their way to ditching reflectors all together.

H502 headlights have no reflector and a supposed "bare LED" version of the S6330 it planned for release.

There were rumors of a "T" series light that utilized a tail switch. Only time will tell if they actually release it.

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
If anything, judging by their product spreadsheet and some of their product releases, they are on their way to ditching reflectors all together.
Sorry to say, this is false. I may be wrong but Zebralight started out with all-flood headlamps. They then added flashlights to their lineup, while offering differing variations of their headlamps: reflector for spot/flood, frosted lens, and bare emitter flood. While they do not offer the ease of having versatility in an all in one type package (Spark), they do have versatile options. Hope to see them design a light with throw in mind. And an AAA light.

whiteoakjoe

Enlightened
If you have tried to purchase a Zebra anytime soon, I think you will find that they have their hands full making them fast enough. My bet is the timeline on some of the new lights will fall back, while they try to catch up. I have looked for the neutral 600 several times and found they are never in stock. Might have to get the Spark instead. I have 2 zebras and I'm glad I got my orders in when I did.

GunnarGG

Enlightened
Their target group isn't those that need tactical lights or real throwers.
But they are very good at what they are doing.
The S5310 that hopefully will come out seems to have a larger head than the SC600 and might have better throw.

Erik1213

Enlightened
Sorry to say, this is false. I may be wrong but Zebralight started out with all-flood headlamps. They then added flashlights to their lineup, while offering differing variations of their headlamps: reflector for spot/flood, frosted lens, and bare emitter flood. While they do not offer the ease of having versatility in an all in one type package (Spark), they do have versatile options. Hope to see them design a light with throw in mind. And an AAA light.

I was being facetious. This forum doesn't have the sarcasm font.

ragweed

Enlightened
There are other brands out there with throw & a rear switch. Zebra Light is a great light & serves many people very well. No one manufacturer can please every single one of us.

Lightman2

Enlightened
Yes would be great if Zebra did a larger head like the Nitecore EA1 and co series. Was thinking about an EA1 but too many issues so stay with the EDC SC51 and possibly a SC52 but I sure would be happy if we saw a smooth reflector model with a larger head so to get some real throw.

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the OP may have bought the wrong light. The SC51 was designed for more close quarters usage, not for throw in mind. ZL has produced other models that deliver more throw. You just have to select the right model for your needs.

gianetics

Enlightened
i knew what i was getting into with the sc51 i just love the UI. to see the same light with a tail switch and just a little more throw would be awsome. what other light can you go from ultra low to turbo from off without head twists? just good design. i feel there would be a market for such a light.

kengps

Flashlight Enthusiast
I loved my Nitecore EC1. Awesome light, but it had battery drain issues. EC2 was nice too. But it had a badly centered LED. Sure wish ZL would put a big smooth reflector in one of their lights. A ZL like the EC1 would be awesome!!

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was told a few months ago by a rep at zebralight that the "T" version of lights that they are developing will be more "tactical" in nature with more throw and a tail clicky.

jbrett14

Enlightened
I wonder if Zebralight will expand their facilities in order to keep up with the demand. It sure seems like they are the most desired flashlight of all the brands. One would think they would have made some changes by now, given the demand over the last few years. Just seems odd that so many of their lights are always on "back-order".

I am guessing that at least one of the reasons, out of many, that so many folks like them is because of the location of their switch. IMO, it's perfect.

Phry

Banned
Zebralight with a smooth reflector and a tail switch? No thanks.

Their strong point is the ergonomic side switch and clean beams. Stay the course ZL would be my opinion.

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder if Zebralight will expand their facilities in order to keep up with the demand. It sure seems like they are the most desired flashlight of all the brands. One would think they would have made some changes by now, given the demand over the last few years. Just seems odd that so many of their lights are always on "back-order".

I am guessing that at least one of the reasons, out of many, that so many folks like them is because of the location of their switch. IMO, it's perfect.

They are building a new facility in Texas that will increase their production capability quite a bit. It is currently under construction though, and I'm not sure when it will be operational. The good thing we should experience on this side of the world is faster delivery & faster customer service.

markr6

Flashaholic
Zebralight with a smooth reflector and a tail switch? No thanks.

Their strong point is the ergonomic side switch and clean beams. Stay the course ZL would be my opinion.

Yep. Moving out to try and please everyone certainly won't help long lead times. It's hard enough waiting for their flagship models to be updated or even come in stock.