CREE XM-L LED replacement on Sunwayman

Paarnx

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

Just acquired a V11R to replace a 15 years old Mini Maglite. I did a lot of reading (mostly here) about batteries and got a good grip of what I was getting myself in. No problem there.

One things is not clear though for someone like me who is used to change bulbs on his flashlight. In fact, not only changing bulbs, but actually always making sure to carry a replacement unit along with the flashlight. How do one service the CREE led unit on a Sunwayman flashlight? My first reflex was to buy a replacement unit right away. However, I did some research and couldn't find much info about this aspect online. Do I have to worry about it at all?

Thanks a lot,

P.

kj2

Flashaholic
You can't service the led your self. You don't need to normally, it's lifetime is up to 50.000 hours :)

Paarnx

Newly Enlightened
You can't service the led your self. You don't need to normally, it's lifetime is up to 50.000 hours :)

Thank you very much: that's exactly what I wanted to hear. Have a great week-end.

P.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
That.

LEDs aren't like incandescent lifebulbs. The LEDs in modern high-end flashlights have a 50,000 hour lifespan.... That's 5.7 years of use if you left it on 24 hours a day 7 days a week. With more routine use, it could last decades.

Since the LED has probably a longer lifespan than the other components of the light, the LED is designed to be permanently installed and not user-serviceable. It's soldered in and not easy to access.

Latest posts