Driver for XML-T6 2x18650

Thexawakening

Newly Enlightened
I'm new to the flashlight community and I'm pretty lost when it comes to choosing a driver. I bought a cheap light on eBay that uses an XML-T6 and 2 18650s. Since then I went and bought a Fenix TK22 which is great. But I really enjoy the huge flood that I get from the cheap eBay light. One thing that drives me crazy is each time you turn it on it changes modes, so I'm trying to find a driver that has a memory and decent battery life/power. Hi/med/low is fine with me.Any suggestions?

InspectorJon

Newly Enlightened
I have the same question...
This is the light I bought. CREE XM-L T6 I assume it is similar to the OP's light. I would like to modify or replace the driver. Any suggestions? For my use I really like the wide bright flood light this provides with no hot spot at all. It lights up a whole room as opposed to a spot on the wall or ceiling.

Last edited:

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast
OP, google for a buck driver.

I have the same question...
This is the light I bought. CREE XM-L T6 I assume it is similar to the OP's light. I would like to modify or replace the driver. Any suggestions? For my use I really like the wide bright flood light this provides with no hot spot at all. It lights up a whole room as opposed to a spot on the wall or ceiling.

The kind of hotspot that you get doesn't matter to the kind of driver.
Its more of the reflector & lens.

If you want a bright flood light with short range, try a mule.
If you want a good flood & decent throw, try a XM-L2 in a P60 dropin sized reflector.

- JonK

Hoop

Enlightened
I'd say b3flex, but its 1" in diameter so I assume it wont fit in your light.

Rig up your batteries in parallel and use an 8x amc7135 driver ...or a lesser version probably because heat might be an issue.